Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Strawberry Lolita

Happy Tuesday! As promised, here is my first rendition of Strawberry Lolita from Busy Beauties Boutique! This cutie is just dripping in yummy strawberries! I was pretty literal with the color selections this time out. Even in the throes of my autumn love fest (making apple sauce, sipping pumpkin lattes, and wishing I could just sit in the yard and soak in the beautiful fall colors), I still love the idea of fresh strawberries, and thought this scrumptious pattern paper from We R Memory Keepers' Tiffany collection was a perfect pairing for a strawberry queen.
Lolita is colored in Copics, as is the bottom layer of flowers, and since the image is so perfectly accessorized, I pulled out practically every kind of embellie I own to maintain her unique style: dew drops, flowers, ribbon and buttons (oh my!). :D I love this image because she is so spunky & funky - she's definitely marching to the beat of her own drum, and spreading joy where ever she goes!
To see more of Strawberry Lolita, please visit us at Busy Beauties on PCP for links & chit-chatting fun, or use the DT blog roll on the left.

Hugs,

18 comments:

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

OH I LOVE HER!!!!! She is beautiful! I can smell fresh strawberries now, lol!!! She is one of my favorite beauties for sure... OH I take that back! How could you choose a favorite?? Love it Catherine!

Carmen O. said...

Oh Catherine your Lolita is BEAUTIFUL! Gosh you really chose some yummy papers to show her off with. I love that we all sort of went a different way. I hope to have mine posted later this aft. Wait til you see her...you'll know how nutso I am! ;D

*Susan* said...

Catherine, this card is fabulous!! You colored her just beautifully, and those custom flowers look amazing!! Hmm, one more thing I've learned about Copics - make custom flowers! {hug}

Jennifer Scull said...

she is wonderful!!! I love how you put your card together! that rhinestone in the cneter of the flowers is beautiful!!! :) love it!!

Unknown said...

Catherine, she is beautiful. I love your dp and embellies. The strawberry coloring is awesome.

Unknown said...

C- You Lolita is more strawberry and CREAM!!Yummy! The coloring is FAB! Pam

kadie said...

This is DARLING! I love the reds and browns sooo much. And the layout with those flowers and ribbons is FABulous! Great Card and I totally heart that image!!

Sandra MacLean said...

Oh my gosh, she's just adorable Catherine!! Love what you did with her!

karen said...

Very cute! Love it Catherine!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

VERY pretty card! I love the colors! The We R paper is PERFECT! Beautiful flower stacks too! Just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Oh my!!! This is absolutely breathtaking!!! Talk about stopping me dead in my tracks!!! Every detail is sheer perfection...the papers, the ribbons, the flowers, the buttons and bows...everything!!! You are also rockin' those Copics..wanna come to NC and show me how it's done? All I can say is WOW!!! And for some reason, I am seriously craving Neopolitan ice cream sandwiches;o)

Love ya!!!
Carolyn

Cathy at Paper Garden Projects said...

Great card Catherine! You are really doing great stuff with those Copics! Don't you love being able to color your own embellies?

Mary Giles said...

Oh Catherine she is just gorgeous! I love the fun outfit and yep perfectly embellished and beautifully colored!

Michelle Pearson said...

what a cutie she is!! ...and your coloring ROCKS, my friend! :)
Love the color combo you chose too....I just like it a lot! :)

Judy McMullen said...

Catherine, your Lolita is some yummy dish and all that strawberry color and terrific embellies is just scrumptious! Great card!!!

Barbara said...

Catherine, I'm a bit late getting around to see all the Lolitas, but I am glad I didn't miss seeing your. I like the red and your coloring is beautiful! Great paoer choice, too.

Barb

Anki said...

Just wonderful. Thank you also for your sweet words on my blog. Wishing you a great week. Kram - Anki

kathleenh said...

Gorgeous! I love the papers, colors, and your coloring!