Monday, June 29, 2009

Happy Father's Day


This was my card for my dear dad this year. IRL his recliner is brown, but I just loved the look of olive green with this DP, which I honestly just happened to stumble upon going through my stash. Love when that happens! All of the buttons were in my button bag - filled with all those extra buttons you get with new clothes. The epoxy sticker set that I used to spell out "DAD" was a $1.00 find a few years ago on a day trip to Michigan. The real "meant to be" moment was when I recalled that I had this ribbon. To me (and my sis) its reminiscent of a man's necktie. Both the image and sentiment are Amuse from an image swap last year. This may very well be one of the least expensive cards I've ever made - but it was rich in love.

I hope you all had a wonderful Father's Day.

TFL & Hugs,

8 comments:

Lauri said...

What a wonderful card for your father! I am sure he loved it!

wendy said...

You did a great job! I love the colors of this :)

Mary Giles said...

What a fabulous father's day card. That chair looks so nice and comfy. Fabulous job coloring it up and yes I think my dad may have some ties in his closet that lok like that ribbon. Perfect touch.

Chrissy's Creations said...

That's such a Daddy's chair. Love it!

Lorie said...

This is a great "man card", Catherine! Love the easy chair, and the button embiellies are perfect! Great job!!

Jamee said...

awesome card :)

Cheryl Walker said...

Very nice fathers day card hun!!!

Thank you for joining in on TGF blog hop today!!! Also thank you for your comment and have fun in the hop!!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

ScrapMomOf2 said...

This is a fabulous Father's Day card! Love it! That recliner is too cool (love the color), and I love the buttons! Very nice!