Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Oh Baby, Baby


A while back, my pal Michelle became a G-ma for the first time to twin cuties Chase and Evan. But long before that miraculous event, sweetie-pie Karen had the idea for our little group of stamping friends to each make a page or two for a g-ma scrapbook to commemorate this amazing blessing. I was both thrilled and honored to participate.

It was a first for me on many levels: 1. my first baby layouts, 2. the first time working without the photos, 3. the first time contributing to a multi-contributor scrap project, 4. my first experience working with an 8x8 format.

We knew we were scrapping for twin boys, so I tried to stay with a color scheme that was boyish without losing the sweet innocence of newborns. The green matting is sized to accomodate 4x6 photos, with the photo corners attached to (hopefully) allow a photo to be tucked underneath. I combined 2 shades of chalk pigment ink on the Tim Holtz Grungeboard alphabet letters & numbers for the titling. The journaling squares were made using a dotted stripe SU! wheel, and I mixed in some dimensional die-cut accents for added interest. It's a very simple element, but my favorite part is the yellow strip made with the Fiskars Threading Water border punch and placed at an angle on each page. I tried to balance the elements on each page without being too "matchy-matchy", mirroring some things while mixing up others.


I had a lot of fun working on this project, and hope the the proud G-ma likes it as well.
Hugs & TFL,

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! I would never have known that these were a fist anything for you since they are amazing.

Evan and Chase are blessed to have so many honorary aunties to love and spoil them (me too!)

Huge hugs to you dear friend!

Lorie said...

These are so very sweet, Catherine! I didn't even remember to take a picture of mine, so it will be new to me when I see Michelle's pictures. You did a wonderful job on these!!

*Susan* said...

Catherine, these are adorable! I love the colors you chose to use and the embellies are so cute! Hmm, want to come make DD's 25 years of scrapbooks for me?? {hug}

Crissy said...

Adorable layout!!! I love it!

kadie said...

These are so so so so cute!! I love your embellishments and the little spaces for notes! You're so creative...your first 8x8 pages??? Get outta here, these are perfection!