Saturday, May 28, 2011

International Inkers: 3rd Kit

Hold onto your hats: I'm actually on time with an Inkers kit! Wonder's never cease, I'm tellin' ya! ;)

This month's kit comes from Germany, courtesy of super sweet Tanja! ("Super sweet" because not only did she send a great kit, she sent a large Lindt chocolate bar! Danke!) Tanja is also generously offering this kit as a prize to one lucky commenter - woohoo!


I just love this color scheme and wanted to use as much of these lovely SU! papers as possible, hence the layers. I didn't want to mat everyone since that would make the card too heavy, so I turned to my handy-dandy Distress Tool for definition. As much I love to trim images, this one was a bit intimidating, so I opted for a Nestie...and jumped on the chance to use my new Big Shot, which I totally {heart}!


I'm still dedicated to honoring the Lord and sharing His Word with my creations (which might not be obvious from the last 2 postings, but the inside of the Mother's Day card read, "I'm so grateful God blessed me with a mother like you," and the Dancing Peppers card was a small act of charity: me helping my sister help a worthy cause - a women's scholarship program), but I'm finding that this is more easily done on the interior of the card. So I computer generated a sentiment to finish the front of the card, and then did the Scripture inside.


Since I only had 1 6x6 sheet of this paper, I had to get a bit creative with how to use it. I didn't have any other leftovers that would have been big enough to mat the Scripture verse with, so again using my Nesties and Big Shot, I carefully cut a rectangle out, using the die cut piece to mat the Scripture and the leftover piece as a frame around the writing area of white cardstock. Phew! It worked out perfectly. (The photo, not so much. lol)



And one last photo because I just *love* the textures from the grosgrain ribbon, the felt flowers and the smooth button. Yummy!


Don't forget that this kit can be yours, just be sure to leave comments for all of the Inkers. Enjoy & God bless!


Copic Colors Used:
BG0000, BG40, BG72, BG75
YG05, YG11, YG63, YG91, G21
E0000, E00, E01
E31, E34, E37
E41, E43

8 comments:

Imke said...

Hello Catherine,

your card is gorgeous ! Your coloring is perfect and i like the distressed egdes. Look, we have used the same Spellbinders-funny, ehh ?
Wonderful card !

Have a great day !

MiamiKel said...

Wonderfully done! Beautiful distressed edges - very striking visual on this already stunning card. Sending blessings your way and hoping you have a wonderful, happy long weekend!

~Paola~ said...

Oh my!How in the world did I miss this post earlier when I did the 'Inkers' rounds?? Dunno,*sigh*....!:O(

Your card is absolutly AMAZING Cat!!Hail to the ultimate 'Queen of Distress' :o)
Flawless coloring and choice color combos,I particularly love how U alternated the d.p. and accessorized the left corner :o)This is an overall very special card!*Love it!*
PS I almost used same nestie too!!LOL

April said...

Love how you cut the dp to get the most out of it! This is a great kit from Tanja and I love seeing all the different ways it was used!

aremus said...

Wonderful card!! TFS!!

Anonymous said...

Super card Catherine! I love the distressing and the way it's all laid out. What a perfect way to show off the layers and the yummy papers Tanja sent us!

And I just love her socks!

Hugs
M

Scrapamum said...

Say what? On time??? No way ; )
Love, love, love my dear!!!! Fabulous as always! How have you been my friend???

kadie said...

Hi Dearie!
This card is so SWEET! Your coloring is fantastic and the paper choices are awesome. The distressing is the perfect touch, as always!! Another fab creation! {{Sending hugs your way}}
P.S. I have something that I've been meaning to get in the mail to you and I've just been a slacker. But if I post it here then hopefully the accountability will help me get my booty in gear! :) xoxo