Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Fresh, Fuchsia Flowers for Mom

Hello again! As promised, here is the card I made for my sweetie pie of a mom for Mother's Day. I love a theme, and I love my mom in pink, so I had to carry the color from her corsage and cake to the card.


The image is "Daisies" by Digi Drawn, who offered up this image for free(!) for the Sketch Challenge at Crafter's Digital Art Center. I took some liberties with the sketch, but the basics are there, I hope.
I'll have to get back to you on the greens, but the petal colors are: RV59, RV19, RV32, RV34, and RV0000. The pattern papers (including the pink matting layer) is from Basic Grey's Lemonade Collection (6x6) and the dew drops are Inky Antics.


Thanks for stopping by. Have a blessed & beautiful day! ((hugs))


Updated 5/19/2011 -
What a blessed surprise! Thanks to all the lovely ladies at CDAC.

6 comments:

Scrapamum said...

Catherine, it has been forever since we've chatted!!! Absolutely love that card!!! You put my mothers day card for my mom to shame ; )
Big hugs friend!!!

Lorie said...

Catherine, when I saw this beautiful card in my sidebar thumnail, I was in awe! This is just stunning! The beautifully and richly colored image totally needs to be framed. What a wonderful tribute to your sweet mom! Many happy blessings to you, my friend!

Love ya,
Lorie

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Ooh, so pretty, Catherine. Love those hot pink colors. I'm sure your mom loved them too. Hugs,

Kirei na Kami said...

I know your mother was tickled pink to receive this beautiful card!!! The daisies are colored so beautifully they pop off the page!! Sweet and beautiful all rolled into a wonderfully heartfelt creation:)

Hugs!!
Carolyn

Maria Matter said...

Hi Sweets, just stopping in to say hi & check out your latest creation!

Gorgeous card, love the color of these beautiful flowers hun!
take care!
hugs & blessings!

Imke said...

Wow Catherine, your coloring is awesome ! Beautiful card !