I love college basketball. Love it! Now, I don't know if it's a girl thing or age, or what, but I'm not the kind of fan who can tell you what number jersey someone wore in 2003. I can tell you that the memory of watching my
Michigan State Spartans win the Championship in 2000, led by Mateen Cleaves and a group of gents dubbed the Flint-stones (Ah, Mo Pete!) is still sweet. I can tell you that watching him close out that victory hopping on a sprained ankle was amazing and inspiring. I can tell you that I cheered with enthusiasm watching the Izzo Goes to Broadway musical at the Wharton Center, and that when I'm watching games on TV, I'm always delighted to when the camera pans to a shot of his wife Lupe. And I can tell you that this year, despite my early season doubts, the Spartans are Big Ten co-champions, Big Ten Tournament Champions, and the No. 1 seed in the West Region in this year's NCAA Tournament! And that for me, this time of year I will be heard proudly shouting "
Go Green!" and it has nothing at all to do with St. Paddy's Day or the environment. :)
So today's Friday Foto is another oldie, taken in 2006, with the oldie cellphone.

Happy Hooping!
1 comment:
Quick stop by to give you a great big hug! Hope you are well! :)
Post a Comment