Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Always Thankful for Fall

I. Love. Fall.

LOVE IT!


So when I was browsing blogland several weeks ago, and saw Sav's gorgeous card, I remembered that I had yummy Pyrus papers & embellies (that I scored a sweet deal on) that were crying to be used, and I knew I had to hop to! Here's the first one (oh yes, there are more autumn Pyrus cards to come).
A very sweet friend at church gave Mom & me some delish pumpkin bread - seriously the best I've ever tasted - and also was kind enough to think of me when someone offered her a Pecan Pie recipe. MJ knew that I was a bit nervous about my assignment to make Pecan Pie for our church Thanksgiving meal, and she wrote me such a sweet note and mailed it to me with a copy of the recipe. I don't know about you, but I rarely get snail mail cards/letters, and it just made my day to see that little envie among the catalogs and junk mail. Well, I must confess I've been remiss about getting a Thank You note out to MJ. So it's a couple weeks late, but I really wanted to make the card for her. Heartfelt and homemade deserves the same in kind, don't ya think? I do!
I used the aforementioned Pyrus papers, a long neglected Bubble Gum Tree stamp from Unity, dark kraft cardstock, Distress Inks, a brown Spica pen (which isn't showing its sparkle in this photo), a Hero Arts Sparkle Clear 2x3 sentiment set ("Thanks" is stamped inside), and lots of foam tape. If you look at the biggest bubble on the tree, you'll also see a little chipboard heart from the Pyrus Chip Sticker Shapes. The ribbon is by May Arts.

And here's my Autumn cross stitch, as promised (just please pardon the glare). The Winter one is still waiting to go to the framers, and I've missed my goal of having it up before the first snow (we got a taste of winter late last week...but being Ohio, of course the next day it was 20 degrees warmer. LOL!).
Blessings & love to all.



Join the fun over at The Odd Girl blog and link your best THANKFUL project.
(Just click the badge below.)


2 comments:

AnnMarie said...

Wonderful projects! :)

Unknown said...

I love the words on your header, they made me giggle. Thank you for that. :o)
Your card is gorgeous. I love the paper and the tree is so creative. The ribbon across the front adds great texture. I love texture. The inking around the edges is another one of my favorite things. :o)

Have a peaceful and fun Thanksgiving.