Saturday, March 5, 2011

OWH Bunny Hop

Welcome to the Operation Write Home Bunny Hop!!!! I'm soooo glad you could join us!

If you are arriving here from Cheryl's blog, you hopping down the bunny trail beautifully! If this is your first stop, please go back to the beginning - the OWH Hero blog.

Before I share my card, I want to remind you that the deadline for Easter/Resurrection Day cards is March 18th, and the Mother's Day deadline is March 31st. So I hope you find lots of inspiration today and create some awesome cards for our heroes!

Also, I want to make sure you know about a very cool new feature at OWH. If you go to the main site, you'll see a tab toward the right called "Free Stuff" and if you scroll down, there's a place to order your own free unmounted red rubber Operation Write Home stamp to use on the back of the cards you make & donate to OWH! Stamping your cards before sending them to the shippers will save them a lot of time and work. Be sure to follow the guidelines HERE for packing up your donated cards.

Now, on to the card:
Wanting to avoid the association of bunnies with Resurrection Sunday (a topic for a later post), I was hesitant to make the traditional "Easter Bunny" card for this hop. But after thinking on it further, I realized that there is no reason to let not so subtle pagan associations spoil my special love for bunnies. Between my mom and me, we have a healthy collection of rabbit decor. And one particular stuffed animal bunny will always be a treasure to me because of a very special childhood memory with my dear dad, who is often a source of inspiration for my OWH cards, since he is my favorite veteran. And that's when I remembered that this stamp, "A Little Hug" by Sugar Nellie artist Leanne Ellis, has been in my stash far too long without some inky love. So I decided to do a seasonal card centered on love.


I paired the image, colored with Copics, with some gorgeous papers from Basic Grey's Capella collection. I just love the soft greens, blues, pale yellow and soft salmon colors in this line, with a balance mix of warm taupes and cool greys - the perfect winter-into-spring palette, at least in my book. A multi-part chipboard flower, tiny pearls, satin ribbon and white lace (which for me totally evokes white garden pickets) are the finishing touches.


Your next hop stop is Shelly at http://shellyrharris.blogspot.com! Have fun!

Before you go, I do have some BLOG CANDY to give away, but I am having trouble loading the picture. I'll keep working on it. In the meantime, please leave a comment to be entered into the drawing!

82 comments:

Marilyn Webb said...

WOW your card is so stunningly beautiful!

Tammy said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Catherine! I love all of the details and colors!

Darla Lewis said...

love the card...so much beautiful detail. Your dog Charlie is adorable, too. Hello from a fellow Ohioan and Christian. Your songs that are great.

Lisa Norris said...

What a pretty card! Thanks so much for sharing and for the chance to win!

Lisa
prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com
lnorris21 at hotmail dot com

RobinH said...

beautiful card, thank you for sharing your talents with us on the blog hop

ScrappnBee said...

Beautiful card! The velveteen rabbit was my favorite book growing up!-Amanda (#61)

RhondaG - The Stampin' Bunny said...

Sweet card! Cool blog header too!

Mindy :) said...

I LOVE your card and the whole idea behind it!!!
Mindy O.

Stacy said...

Gorgeous card my friend!!! Ahhh those colors are delious! And no worries about the bunny, you know what is in your heart and so does HE!
{{Hugs}}

Linda McClain said...

Oh my goodness gracious gravy - This card is just absolutely stunning. I love everything about it. You are truly an artist. I hope you'll join us at Catered Crop sometime so I can see what you're up to.

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Oh my goodness Catherine! This is JUST GORGEOUS!!! I love the ink distressing and how you added the lace and ribbon. BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Have a wonderful weekend my friend

littlen said...

Beautiful card. TFS.

Operation Write Home said...

Wow wow wow! Great cards, love your style! :) Happy hopping!

Sharon Pence said...

Very Cool!

Janet said...

Amazing card! Thanks for sharing and participating in the blog hop!

liannallama said...

your card is beautiful and I love all the details!

Susan S said...

love your ribbons and trims - beautiful

Jinny Newlin said...

Gorgeous combination of elements! Great detail, and such a sweet image!

elizabeth said...

Hello Catherine!! So glad you could be a part of the OWH blog hop today!! Thanks for sharing your loverlies!!

Redonna said...

Nice card. TFS!

silvia said...

Sweet card!! LOVE the color combo you used!!

Seongsook Duncan said...

Beautiful! Love the papers and colors. Thanks for sharing and for the inspiration.

Unknown said...

This is a beautiful card..thank you for sharing and for the chance to win.

Jen N. said...

Beautiful card! Love all the details.

Lillian Child said...

Delightful card, Catherine!

I do so enjoy the OWH events as I get to meet so many lovely and talented people along the way. Thanks SO MUCH for sharing your creativity with us today! My husband is a decorated Vietnam veteran and this event always holds such a special place in my heart.

http://lillianchild.blogspot.com

Rhonda Miller said...

What a beautiful card. TFS.

Jennifer Van Pelt said...

Love the card and the coloring! Thanks for sharing!

Jennifer

http://www.thestampaddictblog.com

Scrapacat said...

I share your love of all things bunny. This card is wonderful and I especially love the color palette. ♥ky

Cyndi S said...

Your card is absolutely Beautiful.
cstephenson@q.com

P.S. Charlie is adorable.

Misty said...

Stunning!

Such talent! TFS

Hummer Hugs,
Misty
http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
hummingbird204 at comcast dot net

Lisa said...

Lovely!!

Erika said...

Cute! And as a military wife, let me say thank you for donating your creations to OWH!

Lone Pine Designs said...

What a sweet card...love all the details!

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous card! I looked around at some of your other posts and I must say you are extremely talented! I'm also enthralled with your surreal blog header...lol. I found myself staring at it to see all the details.

God Bless!
Carol
scrappinheaven at yahoo dot com

Linda said...

Beautiful! Love the colors and the textures!

Melissa said...

Stunning! I love everything about this card!

Melissa
www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

Linda Dale said...

ooh, so very stunning, beautiful coloring. Linda dale at:) lindamilroy@hotmail.com

Michelle Single said...

Love the "glow" around the images. Awesome!

Doris T. said...

what a gorgeous card! So different from anything else I've seen on the hop today:)
Doris, stop #45

Tereza Crump said...

thank you for sharing your talents and blessing OperationWriteHome with your artwork. :)

AllisonG said...

Over the top beautiful card!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful card! I love the design!

--Cheryl--

B. Nguyen said...

Beautiful card! So much detail!!! TFS!

Nicki121986@hotmail.com

Becky said...

Beautiful card.

madimom_04@yahoo.com

Samantha said...

Fantastic card Catherine! Your dad inspires beautiful work out of you!! The image makes me think of my daughter and her stuffed tiger...she truly loves it. Thanks for showing us all a very inspirational card.

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

Your card has such interest and texture--and it just radiates the feeling of a precious memory. Well done!

Bunnyfreak said...

Stunning card.
username at yahoo dot com

BUZZY BEE DESIGNS and GRAPHICS said...

Thanks for doing this Hop for OWH
Have a wonderful Day… HOPPY Easter to You!
Come and BEE a follower on my blog
http://buzzybeedesigns.blogspot.com
Rebecca Minor
buzzybeedesigns(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

Yvonne B. said...

Very pretty layers on your card! thanks for sharing you creativity on the Hop!

Debbie Pamment said...

This is just STUNNING Cat! Hope you are well!
xXx

Kelly Latevola said...

Gorgeous card, I love the coloring! Thanks for the chance to win some goodies, Happy Easter to you and God Bless!

Ann said...

Wow!! Your card is amazing!!

littlebitoftoto said...

What wonderful talent you have....

SueB said...

BEAUTIOUs card - Thanx for the inspiration and blog candy opp! I had a stuffed bunny as a child and still collect them! FYI, beautiful banner and blog ... I'm off to scope out more of your posts!
- sue dot blondin at gmail dot com

Linda Anderson said...

Absolutely stunning!!!! Love all your embellies, they are perfect!

Linda

scrappernic said...

Stunning card! I love everything about it.

Marsha said...

Thanks for your part in the blog hop.

bernietom47 said...

Wow This Is STUNNING!
Blessings Bernie
Bernietom47 at yahoo dot com

Jamie M. said...

Cute card. Love the stamp and nice job coloring. Check out my blog if you get chance. http://craftygirl21.blogspot.com/

Becky said...

Really cute cards. Thanks for sharing!
mishona2 at yahoo dot com

helloholley said...

wow!! Love,love,love your card!!! ;)

Sherry Hickey said...

I agree with the general consensus: the word for your card is STUNNING! Fantastic work.

Donna S said...

WOW! It has a vintage feel and really does convey the message of love!

Cut n Paste said...

Very cute card! And Charlie is really cute too!

Kelley said...

You did a great job avoiding Resurrection Sunday with bunnies! Great card.

Glenda and Sarah said...

Beautiful card. We might need an Easter form of the Christmas "He's the reason for the season!" Thank you for supporting OWH.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful card- love your eye for color! Great OWH Hop (Love the pic of the dog on the side bar too...!)

Dolores said...

As everyone before me has already said... gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the details.

Aim said...

#1 -- Your card is simply gorgeous!! I love that you found a way to incorporate the bunny :)

#2 -- I'm gonna follow anyone who has their first song set to Anberlin... Especially 'The Unwinding Cable Car'... This is a favorite song of my son's and mine -- Stephen Christian has an amazing voice -- We've been fans forever! :)

#3 -- It was a pleasure to browse your blog... I look forward to seeing your future creations. :)

Thanks so much for sharing your talent the OWH Bunny Hop!!

Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
scrapbookingwithamy (at) gmail (dot) com

LesleyfromWI said...

Gorgeous....love the details!
lfuchs1 at wi. rr. com

Dixie Cochran said...

Gorgeous!! I love that image and all the layers on your card!

Designing With Dakota said...

fabulous card. i love all the layers.

gbinion said...

this card is soooo sweet!!!

doverdi said...

Beautiful card & blog. I LOVE your header. TFS!

Unknown said...

Your gorgeous card reminded of the Velveteen Rabbit story. Love how you colored the background behind the girl.

Susan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
*Susan* said...

OH CHICA, this is perfectly luscious! The color palette is wonderfully soft and inviting, and the details are fab - the lace, the flower, and those pearls! (I don't have to tell you I'm addicted to pearls!) But it's that sweet image that steals the show, made even more special by your warm childhood memories it invokes. My Uncle Mike gave me a purple & pink bunny for my 7th birthday, and I literally loved her to pieces! You've also inspired me to check out OWH. I'm looking for something really meaningful to do with my cards, and this just may be the ticket. Love ya! {HUG}

Just A Pac Rat said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing it with us and OWH!

circlebenterprises.blogspot.com

Jen Cuthbertson said...

I'm your newest follower and your card is so beautiful! Love the coloring and the papers are gorgeous!

jencuthbertson at gmail dot com

Scrapamum said...

Wow! Wow! WOw!!!!! Catherine this card is absolutely gorgeous (but aren't all of your fabulous cards???) Seriously this card is gorgeous!!!! Love ya!

Christine said...

super cute card - love when i bring out and use things that haven't seen the light of day in awhile - TFS

Unknown said...

So nice card! Thanks for sharing :)