"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat.
"I don’t much care where--" said Alice.
"Then it doesn’t matter which way you go," said the Cat.
Here's my card (sorry for the wet stickles and lighting issues) for this week's 'Oh, Alice...' challenge based on Mary's sketch below.
I used a digital image graciously supplied by this week's sponsor,Pixie Dust Studios, called 'Queen of Hearts' and colored her up with Copics. I placed the chipboard heart in the upper left to evoke a playing card feel. Instead of the typical gold or silver, I used black Distress Stickles on the crown. She make look sweet, but we all know the Queen of Hearts has a dark side...not to mention a temper! LOL!
Not only did Kathy from Pixie Dust Studios VERY generously let us work with her new Digis from her "Down the Rabbit Hole" collection debuting March 1st, but what's more is that ONE LUCKY WINNER will be chosen at random from this week's challenge participants to choose THREE FREE DIGIS of their choice from Pixie Dust Studios! Thank you Kathy!
You have until FRIDAY, March 5, 2010 at 10pm CST to upload your card or project using the above sketch as your muse! Upload to your blog or public gallery (please use keyword OAC2) and LINK your name on the OH, ALICE CHALLENGE BLOG using Mr. Linky! We can't WAIT to see your creations!
For more inspiration, please visit the rest of the DT (see sidebar) and leave some love while you're there. :D
Wonderland hugs,
Image(s): Pixie Dust Studios - Down The Rabbit Hole Collection - Queen of Hearts
Pattern Papers: Making Memories - Kraft Striped Love Notes
Cardstock: local source
Embellishments: Blue Moon Studio charm (on scepter) from Susana's Custom Art & Card Design; brads'- Bazzill Collection Petite Pearls
Colored with Copics
Layout: OAC2 by Mary Giles
14 comments:
Oh! I love the colors you used and the way you colored that gorgeous Queen of Hearts! Love interpretation of the sketch!
I love the papers! and I love the charm you added to her staff!!
Gorgeous card Catherine!
Sammi
xxx
Wow Catherine! Beautiful! Love your coloring! And that charm... brilliant!
Betty
This is such a cool card catherine and I LOVE the heart charm!
Kristy x
Wow this is really awesome. The embellishmens you have used are great
love tasha xx
Off with her head! Sorry, couldn't resist. Love your card and wow - now I need to put my thinking cap on.... hmmmm
You portrayed the Queen's dark side perfectly! Beautiful card!
I love the dark reds!
Great Card!
Catherine, Your queen is such a little cutie. I love the way you used your deep colors! The "real" heart accents are genius!
Catherine this is so regal with the richs reds and black. You colored this queen up so beautifully. Yep, my stickles are normally wet too when I go to take a pic...nothing like the last minute, eh?
I love these colors! You did a wonderful job with the Queen :)
hugs, margie
{{{clapping}}}} yippee, I love it! Very "Queen" like!!! Pretty paper, adorable image! Fantastic as always!!! I am lovin this new challenge blog, it is so fun!
Hugs,
Stacy
Catherine! This is just stunning -- beautiful selection of papers (ah, yes the paper addict Catherine -- not afraid to use them) -- and the queen is colored to perfection.
This is soooooo adorable Catherine. very classy looking. Love it.
Post a Comment