Friday, January 29, 2010

Unity Friends With Flair - Let's Get Hoppy!

I am enjoying Fridays so much more this year, thanks to FWF! As always, the list of participants can be found on the Unity blog.

It is in the teens temp wise, but the sun is shining brightly, so let's get 'hoppy'! I was so anxious to get January's KOM, and I am the polar opposite of disappointed! This lovely rabbit is from that kit, and the scrumptious papers were part of the January Scrap/Collage kit that arrived yesterday - just in time for FWF. Love it when that happens!I'm not sure it has anything to do with my 'hoppy' mood, but my birthday is this weekend. So let's celebrate with a wee bit of blog candy! Leave a comment and tell me if you're ready for Spring or still enjoying the Winter delights. I'll select one winner and announce on Monday, 2/1/10. (U.S. and Canadian residents only - got watch those shipping dollars.) The prize? Unity stamps, of course! :D

Have a delightful Friday and a blessed weekend!


Image(s): Unity Stamp Co. - JAN10 KOM

Pattern Papers: Basic Grey - Origins (12x12)
Cardstock: local source
Embellishments: Making Memories - Chloe's Closet (yellow flower); SU (brown flower); KI Memories (flower button); PTI twine
Ink: Memento - Cocoa Brown
Layout: SC264

33 comments:

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Beautiful card love the colors!!!

jan farnworth said...

i am so ready for spring winter to cold for me.

MiamiKel said...

*** THUD!!! *** This is one amazingly scrumptious card, so rich in detail and gorgeous paper! The rabbit is TDF adorable and this is just one absolutely fabulous creation. Such a delight for the eyes, almost birthday girl!! :) xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

I love this - hop hop hop. What an awesome card!

spring - grrr - hurry up and get here! Is that answer enough - LOL. I am sooo tired of cold. I don't mind cold if there is snow and things to do but this sub zero bitter bitter stuff just has to go. Plus I miss the smell of worms....

yup - I did just say that...

Unknown said...

Loving all the papers you used on this card Catherine...great way to highlight that bunny!
In Arizona Spring tells me that the HOT summer heat is just around the corner, so you could say that I enjoy winter as much as I can!

AND HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU Catherine..enjoy your day and smile!

Marcy H. said...

Gorgeous card!! Love all the papers you used!! Have a wonderful afternoon!!

Janis Lewis said...

Beautiful card! All the swirls on the rabbits back legs makes me think he's going fast! I'm enjoying the snow, but ready for spring so I can sit outside in the sunshine. I love sitting outside and reading, even if I have a quilt wrapped around me. I haven't done that since moving to Alaska, so I'm looking forward to some bright, sunshiny, warmer days.

Tracy said...

Wow! Terrific card. I love your choice of papers.

I was ok with winter because we spend the weekends skiing as a family...but, today is blustery and down right frigid, so I think I am saying bring on Spring!

Scrapamum said...

I hate to rub it in but it's always Spring like here on the west coast! We have had a bit of rain but the weather is warm and mostly sunny. BTW, I got some yummy goodies in the mail this morning. Went I get a chance I'm going to play with them ; )

Heather said...

Beautiful! Love the use of colors and papers! Adds so much texture!

Stephanie Zito said...

Fantastic card Catherine! I hope my Jan KOTM arrives soon! Happy Birthday!!!! I am definitely ready for spring! My kids are already tired of the cold weather and ready to go play in the puddles!Have a great weekend!

kadie said...

Oh I LOVE THIS!!! Beautiful bunny in brown...this BG paper is awesome paired with this image. I can't believe how perfect that ribbon is too!! Great job...I look forward to FWF too because your cards are always magic! HUGS and have a great weekend!

Rona said...

Love the colors!! Have a great birthday!! I'm still waiting for enough snow to go sled riding (it has snowed all day today so I'm thinking tomorrow is the day!!) then I will be ready for spring LOL

Gwen said...

Hoppy Birthday to you! How can I POSSIBLY EXPRESS HOW TIRED I AM OF WINTER??????? Needing some warmer weather here in MN! But blog candy might make me feel better! Thanks!

Unknown said...

WOW Catherine...This is STUNNING!!! Beautiful creation!! Xx

maiahs_momma said...

nice card :)!

Inky Hugs,
Catherine

Frogs-n-Butterflies said...

Such a pretty bunny!!! I have mixed emotions about the season change...since I am from the far SOUTH (Houston,TX) this is the first year in a long time that I think we have had "winter". Usually we have a few 'cold' days (relitive, I know) and then it is 70deg. or above. On most Christmas' we are in a light jacket or sweater at best! lol So as much as I love all things Spring I try to hang on to as many 'cold' days as I can before it gets HOT and STEAMY!! ;)Cheri

Sherry said...

I am sooo looking forward to spring...We have had so much snow and ice here the schools already are on their second week of makeup days

Miss Boo (a.k.a. jen70) said...

Very cute! Great dp.

Michelle said...

Gorgeous card! And I am sooooooo ready for spring!!!

emerald@tds.net

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh my, Catherine! Your card is absolutely gorgeous!!! I love the bunny, and the layout, and the flowers, and the colors, and EVERYTHING about it!

I am sooo ready for Spring. Wish it would hurry up and get here!

Happy Birthday, too, my friend!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful little bunny card. So pretty. Not quite ready for spring because that really means summer for those of us in the AZ.

lisa a.

Angie Blom said...

OH Catherine this is beautiful. I just love that bunny image and you did such an outsatanding job of featuring it. Great choice of papers. Love it.

Carol said...

I am kind of torn about the weather. With the coming of Spring I know I will have to get outside and do yardwork and gardening, which I love. However, as long as Winter is here I can stay inside and craft!

Anonymous said...

I live in Florida, so I LOVE to be warm!! Thanks for the opportunity to win!

Jodi C. said...

WOW!!! This is FABULOUS!!!! I've been thinking of what to do with that cute rabbit, I LOVE what you came up with. The papers are great, it all looks wonderful together!!!

Lemon Lane Studio said...

What a pretty card. I love the quilted affect you got with the layering of the papers. The bunny image on that paper is perfect. I'm in SoCal so we really never have winter, just rain this year...but I'm always ready for Spring!

CarlaKH said...

this is just gorgeous! and I am definitely ready for warmer weather here in winterpeg!

Priscilla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Priscilla said...

love your card. That rabbit is what sold me on Unity stamps. I just 'discovered' them...I must of been living under a rock. LOL

The colors are perfect they speak to me. :^)

I'm looking forward to Spring all of this arctic air keeps me inside and I really love the sun, so hopefully Spring comes early this year.

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Whoowhee...great card Catherine..as always I love your blog but am slow at getting around..I want to say "Happy, happy Birthday" I hope you have the most marvelous day and year to follow...I'm looking forward to spring...still enjoying the winter stamps but am savoring the light airy feeling of spring and new beginnings....Have a wonderful birthday my friend.

Lorie said...

Whoa Catherine! This is amazing! Those papers are gorgeous, and the sketch is fabulous, and the bunny!!?? Oh, the bunny!! What a great choice to paper piece him! Absolutely stunning card, my dear!!

Love ya,
Lorie

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Oh Catherine, I don't know how you do it. This is just stunning. I love that bunny and those gorgeous papers!