Friday, December 17, 2010

Finally! FWF with Unity

I honestly cannot believe how long it's been since I last took part in Unity's Friends With Flair Fridays! Eesh! But I really shouldn't be too surprised, since time seems to be flying by lately.

The project I have to share today uses the "Happy Holiday" wooden sign and the "Worn Music" background stamp. I recently got the October Afternoon "Good Cheer" collection. I always think OA and Unity are such a good pairing. I just love the retro/vintage vibe.

Living in Ohio, the idea of a red cardinal perched against a snowy blue backdrop was just irresistable to me, so I covered a chipboard bird (not quite the cardinal head, but it's got the tail going for it) from May Arts with another pattern from the OA Good Cheer paper. Memento & Distress Inks and my trusty Tim Holtz paper distressing tool did the rest. A quick, simple Christmas card that I hope does the job of spreading some holiday cheer.

It looks like I picked a great time to get back in the crafty groove, because Unity has some awesome sales & incentives going right now. Check it out:


Thanks for hopping by! Please be sure to visit the rest of the hoppers today. You can find the complete FWF list at the Unity blog.

(((HUGS)))

10 comments:

Noelle Reese said...

Beautiful card! I love it!

sharon g said...

How can you go wrong with a bird and music. It's adorable. I love how you used a wooden sign, too!!!!!!!!!!

Anne Tussing said...

Great card! I love the vintage, worn feel!

Carolina said...

What a beautiful holiday card! Love the distressed edges and that bird is just the perfect touch!

Scrapamum said...

Catherine that card is gorgeous!!!! Did I tell you I made the cards from the kits you sent me last year? They are sooooo cute but I have to admit no where near as awesome as yours ; )
Keep your eye on your delivery dude next week : )

Lori said...

Beautiful! Love the rustic look and the bird perched on the sign is perfect.

Lucy Newton said...

Great idea!!!

Lillian Child said...

I love your creative style!

Maria Matter said...

oh this is beautiful Catherine!!! love these colors and your little birdie! fab job with distressing too!
Wishing you very blessed and Merry Christmas!
xxx

Carmen O. said...

Very cool card! I love the artsy flair. Lots of those cardinals here in Wisconsin too.

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you have a very Merry Christmas and may 2011 bring you many blessings.