Thursday, August 27, 2009

Forest Friends


As usual, this swap is late! PTL that after a good talk with my swapping guru Kadie and a "Procrastinators Pact" with Karen, I should be breaking the terrible habit of being a late swapper. Just need to get the August Sisterhood card made and in the mail, and I should be back on schedule. PTL for the 3-day weekend coming up so I can do my September cards and then I'll be in study mode until mid-November.

Anywho, enough ramble! This card is for Jeanette's (aka Forest Ranger) very first swap! I started with a completely different idea, but you know how it goes sometimes.

Lately I'm loving and miraculously using my stash of Urban Rhapsody by K & Company, and more birds. I used copics to color my little feathered friend and the clouds, and Tim Holtz Distress Ink ( a blend of Vintage Photo and Tea Dyed) on the tree trunk and scallops at the bottom. The sentiment is Hero Arts.

TFL & hugs,

10 comments:

kadie said...

Awwww, this is adorable! I love the popped up birdie and clouds and the way you did that tree!!

LOL...swapping guru...kadiechopra. :)

Janis Lewis said...

I LOVE this card! The images are perfect and the colors are stunning! I love the way they are layered. So good!!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

This card is gorgeous! I love it! Awesome detail cutting!

karen said...

Catherine, this card is fanstastic! And I didn't even have to kick your butt yet! The details are great and I'm glad to see you getting some of your mojo back!

The tree is fantastic! Am I the only onw who noticed that the clouds look like faces? hehe.. too cute!

Brandi said...

Great card! I love the tree and the ribbon as a divider is wonderful.

Smiles,

Brandi

Michelle Pearson said...

oooh....I love this Catherine! I love the tree, the grass, the clouds....just the sweetest! :)

Janis Lewis said...

I know I already commented on this card, but seeing it again while visiting your blog, I just wanted to let you know that this card ROCKS!

Lorie said...

Very nice, Catherine! I'm loving the way you used the DP, and the little birdie is too cute!

Savitri said...

This is a cute cute card! You did awesome here!!

MiamiKel said...

What a super cute & fresh litle card! I can almost smell the lovely grass and the beautifully colored tree! Terrific job!