Monday, August 10, 2009

Craft Clutter Challenge

So, my gal Susan and I were talking last week, and of course, the topic of craft clutter came up. I thought, "Finally! Someone else who is about to be swallowed whole by the chaos of crafting! Someone like me!" We all know it's easier to face our fears, do what's difficult and make positive changes with a good friend to keep you company, sympathize and cheer you along. And thus the challenge was born! Little did I know that Susan was an imposter! Look at her so-called catastrophe HERE and then come back and look at the disaster area I've created. (Yes, those are paper mache reindeer on the top shelf and hanging from the lamp!) I've been exposed and betrayed!!!!
LOL! It's all good, because the shame factor has kicked in high gear! I'll be working the graveyard shift all week to get my act together before Sunday when the reveal pics are to be posted.

I do have faith that I can create a presentable and functional area. And here's why:


It's still a work in progress, especially with the two upper shelves, but I whipped the shelves into shape a month or so ago with the help of a purge for the annual parking lot sale at my LSS that took place Saturday (and combined with my sister's shtuff, netted over $200, the majority of which will be donated to charity), and dedicating 3 evenings to transferring all my ribbon onto wooden clothespins (ala Nichole Heady of PaperTrey Ink). There were also countless hours sorting and categorizing paper. All I can say is PTL for Cropper Hopper organizers! So really now it's just a matter of cleaning up the work area, organizing projects, and putting things back where they belong.

As incentive, Susan and I are going to make each other something that is at least somewhat organizational, to hopefully help us avoid the clutter in the future. Hope you'll come back on Sunday to see what we've accomplished!

(I usually sign off with "TFL!" but in this case, it's more like "Sorry for making you look!" LOL!)
Hugs,

10 comments:

Lauri said...

this is so funny....hey mine is not much better; I am spread out over multiple rooms since my craft spot doubles as my work spot....now...laundry....there is another chaos....

kadie said...

Hey...when did you sneak into my house and why didn't you wake me to say hi! :) This looks JUST like my clutter too!! Loved seeing a glimpse of your space though!

*Susan* said...

Imposter my behind...just look how organized that shelf is already! And at least your stuff is all craft related. I'd rather have papier mache reindeer than an ironing board LOL! Hey, thanks for making me want to DO something in there!
{{HUGS}}

Anonymous said...

What a fun thing to do and you're right - it is easier to do icky stuff with a friend cheering you on! And to be truthful - it's not that bad. Mine's worse - pinky swear :)

kathleenh said...

What a great challenge! My craft room is far, far worse than either of yours. I don't know if I will ever get it cleaned up!

Mary Giles said...

You put my craft room to shame...I think mine upchucked all over my little corner of the basement. I can't wait to see the final product.

Lorie said...

Heheheheh! Catherine, you crack me up! Oh my!! You should see mine at it's worst! Naaaah!!! I wouldn't do that to ANYONE!! You and Susan have a wonderful challenge going. I can't wait to see the final products!

MiamiKel said...

Oh GET OUT! That is NOT cluttered, you crazy girl! But I can't wait to see what you two come up with for an "after" shot ....... you crack me up, lololol!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

OK, my area is far worse! This isn't bad! I'm going to organize right now!

Judy McMullen said...

Both you and Susan don't know what cluttered truly is by the pix of your crafting space. Mine is too embarrassing to share at it's worst and rarely gets cleaned and organized enough to publisize with pics! LOL! Maybe you and Susan will motivate me to get with it once I get home. Thanks for sharing your challenge with us!