
Finally, I have finished the altered piece of my Alter Ego blog candy giveaway, won by Chrissy! She told me that she'd prefer something she could hang, and that her fave color combo was Pink & Brown. So, this is what I came up with for her.
This 'C' immediately said "shabby chic" to me, so I combined warm white paint and Timer Brown Staz-On for the base. Then turned to my trusty Basic Grey stash for the paper. The ribbon just popped out from my immense stash and begged to be part of the show. I love the tapestry feel of it. A simple prima flower stack with a brown button and twine bow finish it off. And to add just a bit more of the "chic" the start and end of the letter sport some pearl bling.
This is my 2nd 'C', and it is definitely one of the more difficult alpha shapes to work with, but I hope Christine will like it.
And speaking of Blog Candy, if you haven't checked out Carolyn's blog - not only are you just crazy and depriving yourself of some of the most droolworthy papercrafting on the planet, but you are also missing out on an amazing blog candy giveaway! Why are you depriving yourself like that???? Hop over for a visit already! LOL!
TFL,
13 comments:
This is GORGEOUS!! Wow! I am just blown away!! This is sooooo cool! Love the pink and browns!
thanks for the bloggy visit....I appreciate it! :)
Your *c* turned out awesome. I thought *n* was bad when I did them for my kids...but *c* would be trickier I think! LOL!
This is fabulous, Catherine!! Chrissy will LOVE it!! The colors are wonderful, and your ribbon and embellies are perfect!! Great job!!!!!!!!!
I'm thinking that Chrissy wants YOU to send that "C" to ME!! Hee hee hee hee hee!! It's just gorgeous! She's going to LOVE IT!!
Wow! Great job, Catherine. Love it!!!
Oh WOW, I feel so spoiled ... it's just fabulously gorgeous! Thank you so much. HUGS, Christine
Very pretty Catherine!
Now you can start working on my "k" LOL!
Just adorable!!!
Chrissy is going to LOVE this!!! I know I do!!! I can only imagine how difficult it is to adhere the paper to the letter C, but you did it flawlessly!!! If I did it, it would probably come out looking more like a G...hahaha!!! Anything but a C.
I also wanted to thank you for the sweet comments you left...you are far too kind and sure know how to make a gal blush.
Love ya!!!
Carolyn
This is darling!! Chrissy will love it! (I have a Chrissy, too - I should place an order! LOL!) Miss ya gal!!! Hugs!!!
This is so pretty! Chrissy is sure to love it!
Hey stranger!! Was thinking about you! Hope you are doing well! This is beautiful!! Super nice job! :) I am sure she will love it! Big hug!
Hi Catherine ... I received my package today and I nave to say it is so much prettier in person, I love the C and all the goodies! Thanks again!!! I can't wait to use the wood album, too cute! Hugs, Christine
Post a Comment