Thursday, January 15, 2009

Happiness Is...


Well, I guess it's different for each of us! LOL!!!

I found this stamp set at a convention when I was going through my divorce. Of course I never really meant my XDH any harm, but this sure did make me smile (deviously, of course!) at the time. As the years have gone by, I've moved on and wish my XDH all the joys of life. But I'm one of the lucky ones. There are plenty of girls out there whose XDHs give them nothing but grief. So, when my dear buddy Michelle was feeling a bit down and unable to truly be free of some of the less than wonderful men in her life, I thought about my evil stamp set and the belly laugh it might inspire - to hear that she had a beverage shoot out her nose upon seeing it is just priceless!

I used DP from Basic Grey's Lily Kate collection, Copics, Nesties, my beloved photo corner punch from SU! and my newest punch purchase - the SU! scallop border punch. I glued two ribbons together to add a little interest, along with some coordinating bling. TFL!

Now Charlie has his own source of happiness - snow! I'll try to capture his frolicking for you and post later on. Until then, these pics are for those of you in the tropics (which I am currently defining as anything above 32 degrees Fahrenheit) who feel like you are missing out on all of our chilly fun!




13 comments:

karen said...

Catherine, this is just priceless! I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!!

kadie said...

LOL!! This is so funny. Love the color combo and PP too.

Anonymous said...

Bwahaha! It's great that this card could make your friend laugh and lift her spirits!

Anonymous said...

LOL - you should see it in person! As she said ~ I literally snorted soda out my nose! That is the true test of a card! Hugs and love to you dear friend - the best friend is one you can make you laugh in spite of impossible situations!

Anonymous said...

You are too funny!!!! Hahahaha!! I know Michelle was bursting at the seams with laughter when she received this beauty!!!! I know I did!!!

I love all the details, and the way you colored that milk carton is amazing!!! I love your card AND your devious mind!!!:D

Hugs!!!
Carolyn

Michelle Pearson said...

was it milk she shot out her nose?! LOL!! It's fun to make a friend feel better! Stay warm....it's -9* here tonight!!

L.A. said...

I didn't have anything in my mouth thank goodness but the belly laughs took a bit to quiet down!!! I'm still smiling as I type. I showed it to my DH but for some strange reason, he didn't think it was all that funny (which I will admit, made me laugh harder!!!)

MiamiKel said...

TOOOOO FUNNY! One of my faves, lol!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Princess is CRAZY in the snow. However, this arctic air? She is NOT enjoying this at all. I don't blame her! She's a 40 pound dog! She's out and right back in! When it's 30 or so though, she is a lunatic! My girls and I double over laughing ourselves silly at how she runs around in the yard! It's adorable!

I love this card! I think anyone going through a divorce would get a HUGE laugh out of it! Very funny!!

Becky G said...

Oh my word, Catherine! This is too funny!

Lorie said...

Catherine, this is hilarious!! You did a wonderful job on this card with both your color choices, and coloring! Wonderful!!!!!!!!!

Crissy said...

Great card! I know some people that would really appreciate it!

Pia said...

I love your card. The sentiment is so funny and you did a great job with the layout.