Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Whether you are a Daughter, Mom, or both, I hope you had a wonderfully blessed Mother's Day. 
Here's the card I made for my mom, who is just awesome and then some.
I was in a bit of a pinch because my craft room was being painted last week and today the carpet is being cleaned, and then finally tomorrow I can begin moving things back in and reorganizing. I'm sure some purging will take place as well. ;)  But that's for a later post.  I only mention it here because aside from the sentiment inside, this card is stamp and digi-free, and the main bits (paper, chipboard letters, wood frame, stickers) came from Studio Calico kits, which I love and adore completely!


And the rest came from stash that never quite got put away (Crate Paper chipboard flower, ribbons, Doodlebug button, and PTI twine).

I often get overwhelmed by the amount of stash shtuff I've accumulated, but I also was a little panicked not having access to it all.  But it worked out so perfectly, that the limited supplies situation was truly a blessing.

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God,
Romans 8:28a

Even the little things, like making a card for my mom.

Enjoy your day. May it be blessed, and may you use it to be a blessing to others.

Ooops - Almost forgot to note that this is my entry for the Stampin' Sisters In Christ Challenge #139 to use an animal, bird, or bug in your creation.  The challenge theme was inspired by Genesis 6:20.

3 comments:

VanessaB said...

sooooooooo gorgeous!! :)

ScrappySandie said...

Wow, Catherine! This is amazing! I'm never brave enough to put together things that aren't obviously in the same "family" but you bring a wonderful variety of elements together SO beautifully! Thanks for the inspiration! AND thanks for joining us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ!
Blessings!
Sandie

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

This is GORGEOUS Catherine! I love the frame. It looks so perfect with the chipboard letters inside. What a great idea!!! The beautiful flowers and sweet trim are the icing on the... card. :)