Friday, March 23, 2012

Friday Foto On the Road

With March Madness still in full swing, I thought I'd share a photo I snapped on my cellie as my dad and I took the scenic route home (thanks to GPS Lady, but my g'pa would be so proud) from Pittsburgh, where we cheered his fave college team, The Ohio State University Buckeyes, on to the Sweet 16. And yes, the "The" is capitalized and an official part of the name. I know. Makes me groan a bit, too. ;) But I must admit, the Buckeye's mascot, Brutus, was sensationally entertaining - as only an anthropormorphized horse chestnut can be. :)



Our time on the road together was wonderful and blessed. I love to spend time with my dad and this was no exception. But the other aspect that was almost as sweet was the time in the car. To be quiet and reflective. To take stock. To look within. To look without. To silently commune with the Lord.


Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the Lord, till he come and rain righteousness upon you.
Hosea 10:12

No comments: