Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Happy B-Day & Just In Time

Wow! It seems like forever since I've posted a card. :(

Well, it's the end of the 1st month of the year. :o And I'm make very little progress with my crafty resolutions of making a stockpile of cards, and organizing my craft-tastrophe. *sigh* However, I am super pleased that I got this card to a special little birthday girl (from my church) right on time! Yay! (Gotta give myself some small semblance of encouragement, eh?)


I'm using a new-to-me Fresh Brewed Designs digi called "Dotty Cupcake" and new washi tape to enter the FBD January Monthly Challenge. I plan to make several versions of this card to have on hand for those "Is it your birthday already?!?" occassions. :) I colored the cupcake image with Copics, trimmed it out, and clear embossed the dots for that shiny hard candy shell look, and then used Rock Candy Stickles on the frosting for a sugary effect.


And, since I managed to do a challenge, and it is still the 1st month, I'm adding to my 2012 crafty resolutions (which, I decided just now to name "Craft-o-lutions") that I will play at least one challenge each month. That should help with keeping the other Craft-o-lutions, I think. ;)

Thanks for visiting & have a blessed day! ((hugs))

4 comments:

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

HAHAHAHA!!! you are SOOO CUTE! and I LOVE you to pieces!!! I have a list of Challenges I MUST do (or at least try to do) and can share them with you if you like. They are some of my personal faves. Although, I dont really look for winning the prize, I usually don't know what the prize is, lol! SO ... anyway -

I LOVE THIS CARD!!! I have to know what kind of cardstock this is. It looks so yummy!!! Your coloring is beautiful and you used my favorite all time color combo - pink and teal.

Thank you for playing along in our Fresh Brewed Designs Month Long prize challenge!!!

BIG SQUEEZY HUGS!
Heather

Anonymous said...

awwww your card is soooooo pretty.

Sheryl said...

This is such a pretty card! I love the textured card stock and your cupcake looks YUMMY! Your craft-o-lutions idea is very catchy!
Thank you for joining Freshly Brewed Challenges for our month long prize challenge, "Use Something New"
Warm Hugs, Sheryl

Carmen O. said...

I'm loving this card! It has a CAS look and still has lots of panache. Your post makes me smile.