Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Some Odd Girl Bride

I've been collecting Some Odd Girl images for several months now. Finally, I've created my first SOG card, and it couldn't be for a sweeter occassion: a bridal shower!




The shower is tonight at church and is extra special because both the bride & groom are church members and come from very involved families. A match truly made in heaven, PTL! The wedding colors are Black & White with a touch of Hot Pink! I just love to use the wedding colors in my gift wrap and cards, and had extra fun playing with it because our couple is a bit "modern" in their style (unusual, but perfectly fine in our church). The bonus is that this color scheme fits nicely with the Challenge at the Some Odd Girl Blog: white (or kraft) with two pops of color. So fun!




Our bride Sarah is a true beauty, with rich dark tresses and beautiful warm skin, so I did my best to color "Bride Mae" to look like her. (Feedback from my mom *without prompting* was, "Oh, it looks just like her!" Yes!) I paired her up with these gorgeous Echo Park papers from the "Be Mine" 12x12 collection. I kept the layout simple to let the color tell the story. The sentiment is computer generated (note to self: stock up on wedding & baby sentiments), and die cut with two little crystals for a touch of bling. What is hard to see in pictures but super yummy in person (IMHO) is the organza ribbon. I used a glossy cardstock base to give it a special feel.




Thanks for stopping by! I'll have another bridal shower card for you soon, since wedding bells are ringing again this year at the office. ((((HUGS))))

10 comments:

Trina said...

I know she'll be happy to get such a thoughtful card, Catherine! You've colored this stamp beautifully!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Catherine! Your beauty shines out in all you do. This post and card are BEAUTIFUL!!! What a sweet and fun and GORGEOUS card for a new bride. She is sure to LOVE everything about it. The color scheme will make for a gorgeous ceremony. Elegant with a pop of fun and happiness in that bold bright pink.

I can imagine how beautiful the glossy card and ribbon are together. You are right, the camera never catches those special touches the way it should.

HUGS And lots of smiles.

Scrapamum said...

Oh Catherine, this card is gorgeous!!!! The bride to be is going to love it!! Love that you used the Echo Park. Have you seen the new line Victoria Gardens??? I'm soooo in love with it.
Have a great time at the shower and big hugs to you. I need to get a little email out to you. It's been a while.

Little Birdie Blessings said...

Hi Catherine, So glad to have found your blog. Your card is GREAT. There's so much detail in it, and how special that it looks like the bride to be. ~ Abby

Imke said...

Catherine, this is absolutely darling. Love your coloring- it´s fantastic. I´m sure the bride will love it. I do !!

Åsa aká Scraphorse said...

It´s such a beautifuk card! Your coloring is perfect!

Thanks for joining us on Some Odd Girl.

Judy McMullen said...

Wow! What a beautiful bridal shower card! Your coloring of that darling bride image is awesome!! I'm sure the bride-to-be will be thrilled to receive it!

Sending you love and hugs, Catherine! Miss you on SOTC!!

Maria Matter said...

this is beautiful Catherine!! I like your design & your coloring is gorgeous!!
hugs & blessings!

Basement Stamper said...

Beautiful coloring on this card and absolutely darling image!!!

Jonia said...

Absolutely beautiful Catherine! I love this. Thanks for sharing.