Wednesday, April 20, 2011

International Inkers, Kit 2

Welcome! Well, here we are again with our 2nd International Inkers Kit, courtesy of yours truly, proudly representing the USA in our little delegation ;)


Spring has sprung and soon the snow and cold will be a distant memory. The birds are chirpin' away, and though I've yet to spot my first bunny, I couldn't resist using this image from Sugar Nellie and these fresh & funky K & Co. patterns papers to celebrate this season of renewal.


So for this month's kit, I challenged the girls (and myself) with the following raw materials:


  • K & Company Urban Rhapsody pattern papers

  • May Arts web ribbon in turquoise and cream

  • chipboard swirls

  • blue buttons

  • SU! Hodge Podge Hardware (pewter) altered with Adirondack Metallic Mixatives (copper)

  • "Bashful" image from Sugar Nellie, designed by Diane Duda

In keeping with my commitment to focus my crafts on the Lord, my card today, despite that shy little long-eared, cotton-tailed cutie, is NOT an Easter card, but a celebration of God's creation.
As I've mentioned before, I just love rabbits. All of God's creations are special, but bunnies are extra special to me: a stuffed toy one is a memento of love & encouragement from my Dad; from my Mom, my sister & I inherited the ability to twitch our noses like a bunny; and I use an imaginary bunny to get Charlie (the choco lab) to run out in the yard & do his business - teehee. So this is simply a happy little card celebrating the beauty of all God's creation, hope of things being made new, and rejoicing together in the eternal love of the Lord. Genesis 1; 2Corinthians 5:17; 1Peter 1:22-23


CARD COMING SOON!
(For those of you keeping score: Yes! I am late with my own kit! Oye vey!)



And as a special "thank you!" for visiting all of the International Inkers' blogs, I'm giving one of these card kits away! To be eligible to win this kit for yourself, just leave some comment love on each of the blogs. The winner will be selected and announced on Sunday, April 24th.

The International Inkers are:
Michelle (USA), Catherine (USA), Karen (Canada), Paola (Canada), Tanja (Germany) & our new addition Imke (Germany) - Welcome!

3 comments:

Imke said...

Cathleen, thanks for this fabulous kit. Can´t wait to see your card. I will be back later again....

kadie said...

oooooh, SWEET KIT! I love that stamp!! Can't wait to see your card, Dearie! HUGS

Magento Themes said...

fabulous kit!!! I love this blog.
Thanks for this nice one.