If you are wondering, "Where's the blog candy?" I promise it is on its way! The pups had a 'ruff' weekend with a nasty little strain of kennel cough, so instead of putting together candy, I was helping my mom comfort the four-leggers and clean up after their sickies. Thanks for your patience!
OMgoodness! The lovely Debbi shared this award with me almost an entire month ago! Debbi, I am soooo sorry! I sincerely hope that you can forgive my forgetfulness. I was truly, truly touched to receive this from you! (((((HUGS))))))

So, here's how it works:
1. Thank the person who awarded you. (Thanks, Debbi!!!)
2. Share 8 things about yourself.
3. Pay it forward to 8 bloggers that you have recently discovered.
4. Contact those bloggers to let them know about their award.
Hmmm...8 things about moi. Well, most of these are recent developments, and some you may find shocking (even those of you who I have been blessed to call my friends for years). Here goes:
- I am being Baptized at the end of February!
I was saved a couple years ago and have been searching for a church home since. I wanted to be baptized in a church I was going to be part of for many years (if not forever). The Good Lord led me to an amazing IFB congregation and I couldn't be more thrilled! Great things do indeed happen when you "wait on the Lord"! - I am giving up pants!
Now, before you let your mind wander into the gutter, I am giving up pants for skirts. Yep, I'm trading in worldly fashion for Biblical modesty, and it is LIBERATING and FUN! (Deut. 22:5 and 1Tim. 2:9) - I went tobogganing for the first time and was terrified!
Most people thought it would be a piece of cake for me since I love parasailing. But no. I have resolved to try it again next year though (and to work out so I'm not completely winded by climbing to the top of the hill!). - I am in love....with our new pup Cyrus.
What a blessed little bundle of fury joy! - I'm afraid of my new Sizzix!
Seriously. Got it for Christmas, haven't used it yet. (I think I just need moral support. Waiting for my sis to come over so we can give it a go together. I need a witness/another set of eyes.) - I love to give things away, but am a very tardy mailer!
I'm working on this one, but the first step is admitting you have a problem, right? lol. It's just so hard to leave the office sometimes to get to the post office! - I don't have a passport!
I did the hard part: getting my picture taken.
(And BTW, I look horrid in it!) - I just tried the colored pencil/Gamsol technique for the first time!
(Yes, apparently I have been living under a rock. Actually, I'm just living under my Copic addiction. I definitely plan to use this technique more since it is so quick and simple...and easy to take on the road. The same cannot be said about my ginormous Copic collection.)
Now for the fun part: passing it on to 8 bloggers I've just discovered!
- Trina - http://trinamadethis.blogspot.com/
- Paola - http://paola-sama.blogspot.com/ (an old friend with a fairly new blog)
- Kristine - http://inksomething2.blogspot.com/
- Angela - http://simplecreationspapercrafts.blogspot.com/
- Andrea - http://heartinthedetails.blogspot.com/
- Samantha - http://expressionsofacraftaholic.blogspot.com/
- Barb - http://fosterdesignhouse.blogspot.com/ (I was familiar with her dark side, but discovered her less macabre blog recently)
- Karel - http://karelj.blogspot.com/
Thank you all for inspiring me with your special style! Have a blessed day! (((HUGS)))
8 comments:
You're welcome. :-)
That is so awesome that you are getting baptized!! My two dd's just got baptized this year, and it was amazing. YAY for you!
I hope your doggies are feeling better soon. Poor puppies!
*hugs*
debbi
Catherine, thank you so very, very much for the wonderful blog award! I am proudly posting it on my blog awards page, and will think of you every time I see it! Have a greace-filled and blessed day! karelj
Thanks so much for the award Catherine!! =) Fun to learn more about you. A bit envious of your new pups though, heehee... those li'l furballs are the cutest!! Doesn't matter what breed they are--babies are so precious. Thanks for sharing! I'll try to get this done THIS WEEK (good to have a goal huh?!) And ... MANY BLESSINGS to you and your family as you are baptized and join the church! I pray you'll continue to be very happy there. =)
I just love hearing more and more about you!!! I can't believe you just tobogganed. You were sooooo missing out ; )
You are so fabulous!!!!
First, congrats on finding a great church! There is something to be said about a church that moves you... You know, when I was very small, I couldn't stand wearing pants. Then I became a tomboy and only wore dresses for family photos and church. I couldn't do without either now. But hey, you do what you've been moved to do, sister!
Just FYI - I'm semi lazy and have gotten this award before. I'll be giving you a shout out on my next blog post though!
YAY!! Congrats on being baptized and your new church family! What wonderful blessings for you!!!! I like your skirt idea, but I'm thinking you'll need to break out the pants for the tobogganing next year!! ;)
Love ya,
Lorie
awww sweetieee..THANK YOU for thinking of me! I am both delighted
and honoured to receive this special award from YOU! *muwahhh*
Congratulations and many blessings on your soon to be Christening Day...I'm sure the good Lord is smiling on you!
what? givin g up pants ALTOGETHER??
bbrrrrrr....in the winter month!!!:o)
Ohh and DO get going and get DA passport ...how in the world would U come to Canada and visit me without it!?? Hasta pronto amiga!!!
I loveee reading all the lil new 'disclosures' about ya *mueahhh*
Will cameback to snag my award soon...**{heart ya Lady C!}**
Aw, sorry to hear the pups weren't well; hope they're over that nastiness! So happy that you found a church that feels so right for you! {hug} Oh, and I must agree with our dear Lorie: please save some pants for your future toboganning adventures! Love ya!
Post a Comment