Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Jesus Is The Reason For The Season Blog Hop

Welcome! We are delighted to have you with us as we celebrate the Good News of our Savior's birth! If you are just starting out, please head over to Heather's blog and follow along with us. If you arriving here from Susan's beautiful blog, you are right on track and have reached the final stop of our hop. ***But, that doesn't mean it's over! We want to invite you to share your faith-based, God-inspired creations celebrating Jesus's birth, too! You'll see a place to link your creations (blog or online gallery) at the end of this post.***

Here's the complete hop list, in case you lose your way:

Heather http://joemamainks.blogspot.com/ (Beginning)
Kadie http://mymindseyecreations.blogspot.com/
Karen http://krbskorner.blogspot.com/
Kelly http://sandcastlestamper.blogspot.com/
Lori http://mycomfortcottage.blogspot.com/
Lorie http://thethinkinspot.blogspot.com/
Maria http://joyfulstamper.blogspot.com/
Paola http://paola-sama.blogspot.com/
Sammi http://stuffbysammi.blogspot.com/
Stacy http://impressionsofaribbonaddict.blogspot.com/
Susan http://pinkflannelpajamas.blogspot.com/
Catherine http://paperaddictcatherine.blogspot.com/ (End)


So, what's this all about? Well, we are a group of blogging crafters who love God, and in the midst of all the seasonal festivies, we wanted to pause to focus on the real meaning of Christmas: the birth of Jesus Christ. Of course there's nothing wrong with hustling and bustling about to find the "perfect gifts" for our loved ones. But when you stop to think about it, there will never be a gift more perfect than the gift God gave us in Jesus.

Before I share my project, I want to say a very special THANK YOU to our fabulous sponsors for their support and generosity! (((HUGS))) Each is donating a prize of 6 images. The winners will be chosen from comments left on 3 secret hop posts! You won't know which blogs have the prizes until we announce the winners, so please be sure to leave comments on each blog! (These prizes are in addition to any individual blog candy!)

Fresh Brewed Designs: 4 Christmas/Faith digital images plus 2 of winner's choice
Simply Betty Stamps: Jude & His Shenanigans Crew Christmas Collection
The Stamping Boutique: 2 Faith digital images plus 4 images of winner's choice

Now here's the project I want to share with you:


I used a new image (you may recognize it from the hop badge) from Fresh Brewed Designs, and papers from Anna Griffin. I wanted to keep the card simple and drew inspiration from a Willow Tree angel figurine, so I chose a monochromatic color scheme and minimal embellishments. It might be hard to see, but the face of Baby Jesus is accented with Shimmerz in Candlelight, and the star is accented with a Stardust Gelly Roll Pen. The ribbon treatment was easy, thanks to using a wired satin, and provides the mounting for the Bible verse.


As a special, personal thanks from me to you for hopping and fellowshipping with us, I am giving away the following to one lucky commenter:


In addition, if you would like to link your faith-based project below and share it with us by midnight EST on December 8th, you will also be entered into a drawing for this prize:


BOTH prizes include this set from Spellbinders:

Wishing you a season of joy and a lifetime of hope & happiness in Christ. God bless you and keep you. ((((HUGS)))))


38 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you SO MUCH for doing a blog hop that Celebrated the real reason to celebrate Christmas. I had so much fun! And was able to follow some new blogs. Thanks for sharing the faith.

Angela
Simple Creations
simplecreations@ live.com

Tami B. said...

Thank you for hosting such a wonderful hop. I thoroughly enjoyed the projects and the inspiring words.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Catherine! Very inspiring and it's so nice to see you all showcasing projects that reflect the true meaning of Christmas!

stefeni said...

What a great hop! Love the chalking you did to bring in the light on baby. Thanks for sharing!

spunkycrayon at yahoo dot com

Debbi said...

Wonderful card! I love the Reason for this blog hop, and I am thrilled that you are doing it. Thank You for the reminder to celebrate Christ during this busy season.
*smiles and God bless!*
debbi

Trina said...

Catherine, your card is beautiful! I love the colors you used and the subtle golds throughout! I read yesterday that I could make something, created a card, and linked it up... Thanks for being a part of such a great hop!

grandmalee said...

Thanks so much for reminding people to remember what the season is all about! I love your card, and the fact that you picked a simple theme just like what God chose for the birth of His Son! I love Heather's image, and how you made it even more fabulous! Thanks for the offer of all of this fabulous blog candy on top of what is already being offered! You all have such a giving spirit!

Rhonda Miller said...

What a gorgeous creation. TFS.

Maria Matter said...

Merry CHRISTmas Catherine!
Beautiful card, LOVE the way you colored this!!!
Thanks for all you did in organizing this hop!
hugs & blessings!

Simply AJ said...

What a beautiful card! I really like the way you took care of each little detail. Thank you so much for sharing and for keeping Christ first place in Christmas. We serve an awesome God!! AJ
aj_822@yahoo.com

Meera said...

what a beautiful card x

Tabitha said...

Thanks for this blog hop and for sharing the true reason for this season and every other for that matter. Very beautiful card.

April said...

I am so glad you all decided to do this hop because it really was inspiring and your creations...amazing...I swear...your's is glowing!!!! Love it!

Amanda said...

GORGEOUS creation! I love the monochromatic colouring! Thanks for sharing this Catherine!

And thanks for the giveaway! I'm going to try to link up a project before the deadline! :D

silvia said...

I absolutely adore your card!! The monochromatic colors are perfect!!
LOVE the ribbon!!

Kristine said...

WONDERful blog hop!! THANK YOU for letting us be a part of this meaningful hop. Your card is so beautiful. Love the gold and the sponging so it highlights Jesus. Very nice of your sponsors to give for this hop =) Hope you all have a very blessed Christmas season!

P.S.
I played in the challenge as well! =) Linked up. Thanks again!

Patti J said...

Thank you for such a beautiful hop! Love your card too!

kadie said...

Hey Girlie!! I wanted to thank you and Heather SO MUCH for putting this hop together! It has been an absolute blessing to be part of it and to honor our Faith. Jesus is THE Reason...for sure. He is the reason that I feel blessed each and every day...and when I count my blessings you and all these amazing women are on my list! Love you!

And your card is GORGEOUS!! I love the gold and how it looks lit from within. Beautiful.

Happy Happy Christmas, my friend!

Lorie said...

Oh Catherine, when I look at this card, it positively glows! You've done an amazing job with the light and texture on this beautiful card! I can't thank you enough for asking me to be a part of this, and I want you to know how blessed I feel for the opportunity! Thank you so very much!

Love ya,
Lorie

*Susan* said...

Chica, thank you so much for asking me to play along in this most special hop! I consider your friendship to be a true blessing in my life. What a miracle in itself that we were all thrown together through a Kadie swap! You gals have been there to pull me through some sorrowful times, and the strength of everyone's combined faith is what kept MY faith burning. Thank you my friend! {HUGS}

And your card - WOW! It's absolutely breathtaking! The radiance you achieved is remarkable, and I love the touch of sparkle and the elegant pleated ribbon detail. A stunning celebration of the Reason for the Season!

Thea said...

Truly a meaningful and inspirational blog hop. Thank you.

Gin Oak said...

Thanks for this blog hop. It has brightened my day and helped me refocus on what life is all about. Your card is gorgeous. As a child I refused to put Santa figurines on our Christmas tree as they distracted me from the real story of Christmas. Thanks for helping me remember not to get bogged down in society's version of Christmas and instead focus on Christ. Thanks for sharing your card and faith in this way :-) I'm going to have to come back and add my link to this below.

sammi said...

Beautiful, Catherine! Thank you for ths inspiration during this most joyous season!

Ms. Earlgrey said...

I love the card and the inspiration behind it.

Thank you for such an inpirational card.

Joan

LesleyfromWI said...

This is a wonderful hop and means so much as a lot of us forget what the season is about. Thank you!

Stacy said...

Oh Catherine dear! This has been the most emotional hop I have ever tried to get through! Everyone is making me cry :( I have had to split it up, I will finish up tomorrow. I can not possibly thank you enough for brainstorming this whole thing. You are amazing, and a wonderful inspiration! Your card is beautiful, your faith shines!
Many blessings and Hugs,
Stacy
ps thank you for allowing me to be a part of this, this is a memorie that i will cherish

BUZZY BEE DESIGNS and GRAPHICS said...

Thanks SO MUCH for doing this blog hop it Celebrated the real reason to celebrate Christmas. I had ALOT fun! And was able to follow some new blogs. Thanks for sharing
rebecca Minor
buzzybeedesigns(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

Sammi said...

Catherine!! This card is stunning... love the colours and the image!! I love the way you've coloured it!!
sorry it took me so long to get here.. the last days have been crazy and I started but never finished the hop until now!! :D
This hop was such a good idea .. thanks so much for inviting me to join!! :)
With much love and prayers,
Your sister in Christ,
Sammi

~Paola~ said...

My darling,wonderful,kind Friend, (capital 'F'!!)
I am humbled and ohhh sooo honoured to be a part of such wonderful and, especially ,meaningful blog hop with you at the helm!I thank you so much for such exciting opportunity to spread the 'REASON' for the Season....
I absolutly adore your card Cat!!! It represents the humbleness of HIS birth beautifully and right to the point!Wonderfully executed and very poignant.
*I luve ya bunches my Friend!*
Paola

Becky said...

Stunning card, awesome shades and love the ribbon.

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

My LOVELY and BEAUTIFUL friend

THANK YOU for thinking of this hop and allowing me to have part in it. I was so blessed and my heart is so full of love just by hopping ~ imagine how it reached out to others!!! God is so good... he never ceases to amaze me!

Your card is BEAUTIFUL! I have no words really. The embossing and the colors... the distressing .. it adds such an elegant, yet shabby, yet soft and serene feel to it. (I am NOT good with expressive and describing words, lol) JUst know it touched my heart in a mighty way ~ just as you have

I am so honored to have shared this blog hop with you and to be able to spread the love of Christ to others.

lots of hugs and have a Merry Christmas

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Beautiful card, Catherine, and such generous blog candy. I feel so honored to have been asked to participate. Thanks so much.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Catherine, your card is awesome!!! And the Reason for the Season blog hop was so much fun! THANK YOU!!!

Merry Christmas!

Judy McMullen said...

Catherine, I love that you and some of are fellow Sisters in Christ are doing this wonderful blog hop, The Reason For The Season! What a beautiful card celebrating the birth of our Lord and Savior!! You are in my thoughts and prayers everyday, dear friend. Hoping you are feeling the blessings of His love and grace today and everyday!

Create With Joy said...

Dear Catherine

What a fabulous concept for a blog hop! Your project is awesome. I am adding the button to my sidebar at Create With Joy!

Ramona
http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

Vickie said...

I am to late to win but all the cards or projects in the hop where very special. Thanks for helping all us believers share the true meaning of Christmas

Rosalee said...

Love your card. Just beautiful and that stamp is so precious. Thanks for sharing it with us and also thanks for the chance at your giveaway
Hugs and God Bless
Rosalee M.

Linda said...

Your manger sences card so awsome! fanstic colors!