Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Growing In Unity: Day Two

Sorry folks, today's Unity card is going to be late - as in late tonight. I had a craft-tastrophe last night - I was just putting Maddie onto the card with dimensionals, and somehow managed to put a black ink smudge right above her lip. She looked like Hitler and I was beyond freaked out! There was nothing to do but start with a fresh image and color her again. Needless to say, this took awhile, and totally nixed my ability to make a new Unity card. Oy vey!

For those of you who've been kind enough to visit me before, you may have noticed that every now and then, I do a re-do. That's what I had in mind even before my bad luck last night. Maybe it's the (former) painter in me - it's kind of like reusing canvases or painting the same subject over and over again. Anywho, this is the card I'll be taking a 2nd stab (oh! lightbulb - maybe I'll do some piercing or sewing!) at this card, which was one of my 1st Unity cards made 1-year ago.

Back later tonight with the redo! Thanks for your understanding.
Hugs,

6 comments:

Scrapamum said...

I think you should post your little creation for a good laugh. Agh, the little mishaps of our obsession. Looking forward to seeing the redo ; )

stampjourney said...

Cool card! Love the paper piecing!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

I HATE when things like that happen ... the ones you can not hide with an embellie and no one knows was even there..... You have to make a card with her though... I am sure you could come up with SOMETHING ;)

This card is beautiful! I love the way you pieced the trees and the button and twine add just the perfect little simple touch. I love this card!

Kelly Mahany said...

I love the word craft-tastrophe!! LOL!! I will never tire of looking a giggle grove tree!! I love this... and look forward to your redo too!

Elizabeth C. said...

I'm looking forward to your second try, but I have to say that I like this one quite a lot! The strategically-cut circles are really intersting!

Unknown said...

Re-do? I love how CAS this card is...great paper pieced giggle grove tree! I don't like when I get ink somewhere it's not supposed to be, but sometimes find I don't want to re-do the entire image, so...I just re-stamp the little part, color it, cut it out and paste it over the messy inked image. Love this card as is!