Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I'm late! I'm late!

Ahhhh....what else is new, right? LOL!
I had quite the adventure trying to finish this card. Seems my tardy bunny tried to make a break for it. I literally spent hours on the floor in my disaster of a craft area trying to find the stamp. I had used it for the mock up of this card, but when it came time to do the card for real, this little guy was apparently looking for a rabbit-hole under my ottoman! LOL!

I am still so wildly ecstatic over being so blessed to be part of the "Oh, Alice..." Challenge Blog! I hope you will all join us for our FIRST CHALLENGE, which will be announced THIS SATURDAY! Until then, this card is my paper celebration :D

(Sorry for the wonky photo, BTW. *sigh*)

One of the best parts of this is that I finally used the clock stamp, from a set I've had stashed away well over a year (or more???). After stamping and punching the clock face, I punched another circle in acetate and layered it on top as the "glass". Instead of hands, I put my "white rabbit" in the center, propped up on glue dots. The "Alice" image is courtesy of my swapping buddy, Debbie (djones), who traded images with me months ago - thanks Debbie! Who knew? :D

And thanks to all of your for your congrats, well wishes, support and encouragement! Love you all!

Twistedly yours,


Image(s): The Greeting Farm (Alice), SU (rabbit), Heidi Swapp (clock )
Pattern Papers: Cosmo Cricket - Earth Love
Cardstock: Bazzill, SU and local sources
Embellishments: Making Memories die-cut tag; velvet ric-rac ribbon
Inks: Memento, Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Colored with Copics
Layout: SC265

17 comments:

Scrapamum said...

That is one of the cutest cards I have ever seen. Great job Catherine!!!

*Susan* said...

WOW, Chica, this is awesome! OMGosh you colored Alice *so* beautifully - just look at her hair! I love the colors, that mushroom paper, the yummy ribbon. And aren't you clever to use White Rabbit for the clock hands! This card is one of my fav Chicas for sure! Can't wait for the first challenge - how exciting! {{HUG}}

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh my... your card is too too cute! I love the images... and that rabbit clock is so fun!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

WOW HOW AMAZINGLY WONDERFUL IS YOUR CARD?!?! I LOVE the papers and the images... your coloring is gorgeous!!! That clock stamp is TDF with this card! The book looking die .. brilliant! Can you tell I LOVE this card. Congratulations again and I am dying for Saturday to see what fun this will bring!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous! I absolutely love the book element - it's perfect.

I can't wait until Saturday to see what you guys have cooked up for us.

Unknown said...

Love this card Catherine! Your coloring is so awesome and your card LO is fab! Thanks for the inspiration!

kadie said...

Oh this is AWESOME!!!!!! I really love all the papers and that little clock with the rabbit...brilliant!! I also really love the color of her hair and that you didn't choose blonde blonde. That nestie is perfect for this too! AWesome! Congrats again!!

MiamiKel said...

Ohhhh such cuteness - this is going to be so interesting and such fun to see what ya'll have in store! And I'm glad you mentioned "wonky" -- I'm adjusting my glasses and all sorts of schtuff, lol! Gorgeous coloring and DAHLIN choice of paypahs!!

Mary Giles said...

This is FABULOUS!!! The mushroom paper and the colors couldn't be more perfect. How much fun would a card like this be to announce a pregnancy. The bunny in the clock is brilliant. Gorgeous coloring of Alice too.

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Oh Catherine, this is WONDERful!!! If this is your teaser, I can't imagine what your "real" card will be!!!

Judy McMullen said...

Catherine, your Alice card is adorable! Your clock with the rabbit is terrific along with the sentiment "you're late". Love it! Alice is so beautifully colored and all the layers with the gorgeous papers...To die for!!!

Sammi said...

This is wonderful Catherine... looking forward to your next one :D
gorgeous colouring and that paper is perfect.... mm... Wish I had that stamp. lol!
Sammi
xxx

Pam Varnell said...

This is so cute Catherine. Fun to get started on the Alice cards, huh? Love it!!!

Stacy said...

WOWZER this is cute! You are so creative, I love your rabbit clock! Your coloring is fab (as always) I am over here drooling over that paper!!!! I am still laughing at your "I'm late, I'm late" :D Yippee tomorrow is TGIF!!! Hope you have a great weekend!
Hugs,
Stacy

Lorie said...

Well, my friend, you have absolutely outdone yourself!! This is one of my favorite cards ever!! I LOVE IT!! I'm so happy and excited for you, and can't wait to see more!! You go girl!!!

Love ya,
Lorie

~Paola~ said...

Oh My Catherine..U sure are on a roll g/friend!The design for this card is absolutly PERFETTO in any way,shapes and colors!Love love loveee how U implemented the book and attached a sentiment to it...not to mention the esquisite way U colored Alice and that fab clock..now THAT's totally creative,cute and certainly very UNIQUE....just like YOU! **muwahhhh*

Tracy S. said...

I have this set too and really need to use it more.. Thanks for the inspiration. Your work is amazing. Sooo talented.