Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Fresh Brewed Designs: Introducing Tommy!

Last month, Heather's FRESH BREWED DESIGNS premiered the ever so adorable Hannah Belle series, and today we are hopping (up and down with excitement) for more Hannah Belle images *and* the launch of Tommy! (And as you'll see, I literally mean LAUNCH!) We're mixing things up a bit, and the hop will run for TODAY only, and we're playing a fun word game. At each stop, not only will you see an adorable new FBD creation, but you'll also find a WORD. Be sure to visit all of the blogs to collect all the words. When you finish the hop at Heather's blog, just email her with the words and you'll be entered into the drawing. Oh, so FUN and oh, so EASY! If this is your first stop, grab some coffee and start at the beginning with Callie. If you arrived from Rhonda's blog, you're "sipping" right along. :D

For my card today, I chose the super cute, super fun "Tommy In Space" image to work with, and Inspirational Sketch Challenge #55.

I absolutely love all the possibilities with this image. Tommy and his rocket ship come with a fab collection of planets and stars that you can leave as one scene, or you can cut out select parts like I did. I couldn't resist his little alien friend! Too cute!

You're next stop is Jenn's blog and I know she has something totally sweet for you to enjoy with your coffee. ;)

But before you go, jot down this word: TAILS

Happy Hopping Hugs,


Image(s): Fresh Brewed Designs - Tommy in Space; PTI sentiment
Pattern Papers: Sonborn Designs - Raining Cats and Dogs collection
Cardstock: local source
Embellishments: dew drops, silk cord, metallic ribbon
Colored with Copics
Layout: ICS #55

30 comments:

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

OK, Catherine!

HOW MUCH DO I LOVE that you cut and hilighted select areas of the image!!! Your card is OUTTA THIS WORLD adorable!!!
Thank you so much for being a part of this hop with me! :o)

Have a blessed day!

Heather

Christa said...

Again, I love this Tommy In Space! Love they way you made him pop on the card-way cute! Thanks for sharing!

Christa

StampinCathy said...

What a fun and colorful card. I just love how you brought these stamps to life. Your coloring is just amazing. Thanks for this inspiring eye candy along this fun hop.

Marlene said...

Wow - I LOVE the coloring job you did on this card! FANTASTIC!

Unknown said...

Cath, your Tommy in Space card is just adorable, I really love the sketch xxx

Callie said...

Oh I LOVED how you seperated the image. Such a cute idea

Pam Varnell said...

This is gorgeous Catherine. Love it!!

Anonymous said...

This is just so darn cute! I love that image and your card shows him off perfectly!

LOVE IT!

Bobbi said...

This is so cute. Love how you popped the little alien.

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Catherine. How lovely is this card. Perfect for a boys birthday. I love the background papers which show off the image brilliantly and I love the little Alien too.
Wonderful.
Happy Crafting.
Love Sandra xx

Stacy said...

EEK Alien!!! Hee, hee! I love your Out of this world, Outerspace card!!! So fun for a little boy!!! Your papers are perfect and I love how you cut and pieced the tiny elements! So cute!!
Big {{{hugs}}} hope you are staying warm!
Stacy

Barbara said...

Catherine! This is over-the-moon sensational!! I love that you cut out the pieces and 3d'ed them! Your coloring is amazing! Very nice, my friend!

Hugs,
Barb

Scrapamum said...

Catherine, I have to start making more cards. You inspire me so much. You make it look so easy. Every card you post is absolutely adorable!!!

Dianna said...

Definitely "Out of this World!" I love Tommy's alien friend, too. Thanks for joining us at ICS!

kadie said...

AWESOME!!!! Catherine, this truly is outta this world and totally rockin mine!! Your shading is AMAZING and this card is so detailed...you're so clever!! I love the sentiment and that little alien too! Fantastic card!!

Lorie said...

Ooooh! Awesome and outta this world, Catherine! Beautiful coloring, and I love that polka dotted planet!!

Ginny said...

love love OVE this card :)

bumblebee creations said...

what a great idea-love how you have cut out and placed the images where you wanted them!

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is just darling, Catherine! OH my! LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

THUD!!! That was me being knocked out by this magnificent creation!!! Oh my goodness gracious!!!! This card is ...insert EVERY word synonymous to BRILLIANT and AMAZING right here!!! Your image is colored flawlessly and every element is sheer and utter perfection!!! You have created another incredible card, my friend!!! I LOVE IT!!!!

Hugs!!
Carolyn

Toothy said...

WOW, I love your card, so cute, love the layout and the cutout planet with alien.

kathleenh said...

Wow! I love this fun image and papers!

MiamiKel said...

Wooooooah Nellie, this is out of this world!! No pun intended - it's really amazing to see your spot on coloring, your attention to detail and that 3d shuttle! This is superb - hopefully it will land you good marks and a perfect 10 with the the ICS challenge! LOVE LOVE it muchly!

Mary Giles said...

Catherine this is brilliant!!! The color and paper choices are perfect! Your coloring is just amazing. Hehehe...I can do a two-fer here...Thanks for joining us at ICS this week too!

Jackie said...

I love it. Thanks for joining us at ICS this week :)

Debs said...

Great cards, love what you've done with Dawns sketch and Heathers designs, she is so talented, thanks for playing at ics this week.

Trish D said...

Absolutely adorable - love those colors!

Posh Designs said...

What a fun card! Thanks for playing with us over @ ICS :) ~ Nini

Lou Sims said...

Fab, striking card. Many thanks for playing along with ICS this week. Lou x

dweatter said...

Oh this card it great. I so have to get these stamps and so case this card. My boys would love it as much as I do.