ALICE GETS GLAM: INSPIRATION CHALLENGE
In anticipation of the upcoming Tim Burton movie remake, let's GET GLAM with Alice! Jessica recently scored this UBER fab makeup palette by Urban Decay and fell in love with the awesome colors, the NAMES of the eyeshadows (all after Alice, of course ;) and the pop-up mushroom mirror!
We wanna see how YOU get Glam using this amazing little piece as your inspiration! Show us your style, put on the glitz, and GET GLAM!And WHAT would our first Challenge be without a PRIZE?! Now, normally we'll be (hopefully) sponsored on the 1st Sat. of each month, but for today's FIRST Fall Down the Rabbit Hole, we thought we'd give away a little something! ONE LUCKY WINNER will be chosen at Random to WIN a stamp single of their choice from THE GREETING FARM (in stock items only). In addition, Jimmi also has some CANDY for one lucky challenge participant! So, GOOD LUCK and here's how to play: You have until FRIDAY, February 26, 2010 at 10pm CST to upload your card or project using the above inspiration photo as your muse! Upload to your blog or public gallery (please use keyword OAC1) and LINK your name on the Oh, Alice blog, using Mr. Linky! We can't WAIT to see your creations and THANK YOU for your support of this CURIOUS new venture!
I made my GLAM card with our Mad-Hatter, Jessica, in mind. I selected the papers with the make-up palette in mind, put on the glitz with stickles and rhinestones, and the paper's glossy accents and the silk cord add a bit of shine. My card literally couldn't have been created without a lot of help from my wonderful friends. The image is from dear Carolyn's company, Busy Beauties; the papers were a recent b-day gift from the lovely Kelly, and the gemstones were a swap gift from the amazing Kadie. Thanks, girls!
Be sure to visit all of the Oh, Alice... DT blogs (listed in the sidebar) for more inspiration!
Wonderland Hugs,
Image(s): Busy Beauties Boutique - Strawberry Lolita (option without strawberries); sentiment made from MFT set and Inque Boutique alphabet set
Pattern Papers: Heidi Grace - Reagan's Closet
Cardstock: local source
Embellishments: Stickles, Bling, Silk Cord
Colored with Copics
30 comments:
very beautiful...love the design and colours tfs Jan
Oh my gosh!!! Catherine this is amazing!! So much detail and so perfect for the challenge.
Kristy x
THUD! Pick me up off the floor! You have some serious MAD coloring skills! You are like the secret weapon in the crafting world! this is da bomb, Catherine! Probably one of my favorite of your cards yet! AMAZING - it just bursts right off the screen! WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow! Look at all those colors and that detail - amazing! The cut out swirl must have taken forever! Fabulous job, Catherine!!
amazing card and the image is just too cute
Gorgeous card! Love your coloring and your image is as sweet as she can be with that darling hat!
WOW WOW WOW this is super amazing! i love the image and your colouring and all the colours and fab sentiment. Your card rocks
love tasha xx
OH MY GOODNESS Catherine! This is absolutely FABULOUS!!!! What exquisite coloring and fun detail. Everything just pops off of this beauty. You are amazing!!! Beautifully done!
Yikes! Now that is one Alice inspired card! It's it GORGEOUS Catherine! I agree you have MAD coloring skills! Awesome girlie! I have to have her!
Betty
This is just beautiful Catherine! Wonderful coloring.
Aaaaaaaaaaack...as Bill the Cat would say;o) This card is MAD STYLISH and GLAM to the MAX!!!! I love the *fun* papers and all the yummy sparkle...and I love how you added the silk cord!!! You are a MAD CREATIVE GENIUS!!!
Much love!!!
Carolyn
Yowsers, Catherine, my HAT is off to you!!! This card is simply the most amazing work of art... a feast for the eyes! I can't stop staring! I love that swirl... what an excellent touch!
Hugs,
Lisa
WOW!! This card is STUPENDOUS!! I love all the movement and color. Lolita looks like she is on a "magical mystery tour"! Very cool!
Hugs,
Barb
Oh wow! This is gorgeous! I love your main image... this is so cool. Just perfect!! I love the silk cord. What a great idea!! This is just perfect!
Stunning!!! Wow! I love this image! Your coloring rocks! and all the embellies and paper - just screams Oh, Alice!!! Perfect :)
hugs, margie
Wow! this card pops.. it jumps off my screen! Lol! Love the colours and paper and that image is awesomely coloured!!
gorgeous card!!
xxx
shut up.... like seriously wow. I LOVE IT! You absolutely killed this challenge girlfriend. I think I'm a little afraid to play along now....
Oh my word! What a fabulous card! wow!
JAW DROPPING GORGEOUS!!!
WOWOWOWO!!! I love how you used Lolita! I cant even begin to describe how much I love your card. she is gorgeous, the papers fabulous! Great stuff lady!!!!
Catherine!!! This is amazing! The colors couldn't be more perfect to go along with the make-up kit and your coloring is just perfectly matched to the papers and Oh so gorgeous. Love the added stickles in the right places.
MUST. HAVE. IMAGE. But OMG i don't even know if I could do it ANYWHERE near the justice you have, oh talented one! This is FABULOUS beyond FABBY! WOW! CONGRATS on your first Oh, Alice! challenge and I am SOOOOO happy you are a part of this!
Gorgeous card! I love your coloring - the image literally pops off the card. Fabulous!
~ky
This is just amazing Catherine. Love that image and your coloring is amazing. The color palette you chose is fantastic. Love your card.
OMG!! Catherine!! This is awesome!!!!! You nailed this, and your BBB image is so perfect for this challenge!! You are on fire girl! I LOVE IT!!!!
Wowzer! Shazam!! Fantastico!!! Beautifully colored image with the perfectly gorgeous papers and just right embellies. You nailed this challenge, Catherine!
OMG!!!!! This is one amazingly gorgeous card!!!! WOW!!!
Wow, Catherine, you nailed this one. What a perfect image for this challenge, too! What fun! Hugs,
Working my way back to you babe...have that song in my head! I've been stealing away little moments to catch up on all the beautiful blog posts I missed and now I've finally made it to my dear Catherine's!
Girl, the moment I saw this OUTSTANDING creation on the Oh Alice blog it took me a sec to realize that my chair slipped out beneath me and I was on the floor! You floored me with this gorgeous creation...although I was not in the least bit surprised!! Stunning stunning stunning! Perfect image, coloring, papers and layout!! I love that swirl of ribbon/cording and I LOVE how you did the sentiment. YGG! FANTASTIC...I'm going to get back into my chair now, my co-workers are starting to stare. :)
Wow, this is amazing, love the image and the coloring is stunning!
Outstanding!!! This card is incredible. You are so talented my friend.
Post a Comment