Monday, December 14, 2009

Club Anya Ho-Ho-Hopping!


December must be my "dare-devil" month! LOL! This is my first time hopping with Club Anya! I'm so nervous and excited - just like a kid hoping to sneak a peek at Santa as he puts the prezzies under the tree! For some totally unacceptable reason (only myself and my scatterbrain to blame, of course), I don't have the Xmas Sweeties set. What the?!? So, I used Angel Anya and made her a Christmas Angel. I love this image!

A little Copic (okay, a lotta copic to get the hair just so), some paper piecing, sanding, stickling and embellishing and we have our Christmas Angel Anya keeping it festive AND keeping it real by reminding us of the Reason for the Season! Just the message I want to send to my sweet little 5-year old pseudo-niece. I envision her putting this frame next to her bed and reading it before she goes to sleep. Later, her mom can always pop out it and put in a picture.

Wishing you a very Merry and Blessed Christmas!

TFL and enjoy the rest of the hop!


Image(s): The Greeting Farm - Angel Anya
Pattern Papers: Daisy D's
Cardstock: Local Source
Supplies: Photo Frame (Michael's)
Embellishments: Stickles, God Dew Drops, Chipboard Letters -Darice, Holly Leaves - Inque Boutique
Colored with Copics

56 comments:

kadie said...

Mojo Mojo Madness over here, Girlie!! You've got it goin' on and I want you to dish me up some of it!! :) This is FANTASTIC!! Where do I start? The chipboard-totally fab
The paper piecing-totally fab
Using Angel Anya-genius
Using the Bible verse-awesome
I L-O-V-E it!!

Anna said...

Super cute! Love the paper pieced dress!

Dawn Wade said...

I love the hint of eyeshadow!!! How adorable!! Great Job!!

Elena said...

So precious! I really love the paper piecing you did!

~*Joni said...

Catherine her hair is beautiful! Your entire card is just perfect! I love that you pieced her dress, is looks fabulous. Wonderful job on your first hop!!!

RiNNE said...

Catherine, what a darling card. Great job on the paper piercing!

Tracey Feeger said...

Oh this is so so so cute

Angela said...

Great coloring and love your paper piecing!!

cr8iveme said...

Fab card!

Love the paper piecing.

{hugs}
Mary aka CMCMaryD

Tanya said...

great card!

Lysa said...

oo.. I love Anya's dress!

Amy said...

That is amazing!! I've never used copics but this so makes me want to try! lol

Sammi said...

ooh.. her hair is perfect .. as is the paper pieced dress! Gorgeous work!
xxx

Anonymous said...

how sweet!

Lesley said...

She is so cute!

Trish a.k.a stampi said...

She is so pretty ..the card is beautiful..love her dress..I could use one.

Randi said...

Beautiful!! I love allt he papers you used on Angel Anya, and her glittery wings! And, her hair looks gorgeous!

Danni said...

This is just precious...how very pretty to paper piece on sweet Angel Anya!!

Shelly said...

Gorgeous!!! So meaningful, as well as beautiful. It's just perfect!

Kelly Booth said...

So cute and her hair is just gorgeous!!

Mary Giles said...

Angel Anya is one of my fav stamps and you really made her shine in this project! Pass some of that Mojo juice this way.

Lynda Nielsen said...

WOWZA.... This is gorgeous! Your paper piecing, and coloring is spectacular!
Hugs
Lynda

Unknown said...

Catherine...This is just amazing...All the little details!! WOW!! Xx

Jessica said...

love it! awesome paper piecing!

Shaz said...

Very pretty Keep up the daring attitude you'll have fun!

the paper bug said...

Very sweet card!

Rebecca

Jessica Diedrich said...

SUPER cute! LOVE your paper pieced dress. She's adorable!

Jodi said...

What a great project ~ and it shows the true meaning behind Christmas! Love the paper pieced dress.

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful work!! :D

Kerry said...

Darling! Too cute!

kris said...

oooh! Love this gorgeous creation! the paper piecing is fantabulous!

Anonymous said...

SO cute! I love the paper piecing! Adorable!

Nena said...

Wow, brilliant creation!! Love your
Angel Anya with the paper piecing!!!
Thank you for sharing your precious
frame:-)

*Susan* said...

OOHHHH! LOOK AT THIS! LOOK AT THIS! Chica, this is out-of-this-world, crazy amazing!! The paper piecing and those altered letters are fabulous! Your pseudoniece will love it! Can you puh-leez send your mojo my way?? {hug}

Shirley N said...

I love how you colored her hair--gorgeous and love your paper piecing. She is so cute!

anaRy said...

What a lovely little dress!

Jodi C. said...

OH, I really LOVE this!!! Thanks for coloring her hair dark, now I need to do that so she can look like my daughter and/or me!! TFS!!!

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Wow! I love the paper piecing. Just gorgeous.

Amy said...

Such a cute frame! I love the paperpiecing on Anya and her hair looks amazing!

Larisa said...

wow!!! So lovely girl ))) The card is so much tender and beautiful )

Jenny V. said...

Hi Catherine! Love how you colored her hair. Beautiful project. TFS

Kim Costello said...

Your Angel is STUNNING wow amazing paper piecing and beautiful frame just lovely! So glad you joined our Blog Hop HuGs Kim :)

flatis stempelwelt said...

Cute card! Great job... Love it!!
Hugs, Sonja xx

Tina Mayo said...

beautiful angel..great coloring!!

Country Mouse said...

Beautiful angel! Love her brown hair!!!

Jennine Chambers said...

This angel is too cute!

Judy McMullen said...

Catherine, this is so awesome! Your "niece" is going to love it...I do!!!

Anonymous said...

Totally sweet and I'm digging on her eye shadow. No Christmas Angel is complete without it :)

Gabby said...

I am loving your angel and that piecing! Amazing job!

Carol W said...

Very, very cute Catherine.....love this..

Sue D said...

Nice gift frame!

Lorie said...

This is so completely sweet, Catherine! Angel Anya's hair is gorgeous! You really rock with A LOT of Copic! I love the paper piecing, and your accent pieces are perfect! Just beautiful!!

Love ya,
Lorie

karen said...

veryyy cute!

Kathy said...

fantastic coloring..she is so so beautiful!!!!!

Joyful said...

Catherine,

Yes, we celebrate with Joy! Beautiful work. This is the season we remember what Christ did for us - God became flesh for our Salvation!

I know that you occasionally do some cross stitching. I invite you to visit my website where most of the designs feature Bible verses. I plan in the future to design a lot of small "motifs" that can be included with scrap booking and cards. There is a free design you may want to download called, "His Name is Jesus" as it has blessed many.

www.joyfulexpressions.us

Sandra

Priyanka said...
This comment has been removed by the author.