Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day

I was very happy with how this card turned out. I guess it is nothing overly special. Maybe I just really like that it is quiet and pretty. Or maybe it's just that I'm amazed at what I can make at 3:00 a.m. the night before/morning of Mother's Day! LOL!


I used an image I received at least a year ago in a flower image swap, colored with Copics. I got to use my new SU! border punch on the Basic Grey pattern paper from the Lily Kate collection. I remembered the reason I hoard my scraps when I found the cardstock for the base and the Nestie-ed circles. Some Melissa Francis buttons (love them!) and some ribbon that was gifted to me were the finishing touches.



TFL & Hugs,

11 comments:

Sandra MacLean said...

Beautiful Catherine!! I love the soft blue hues and yes, those buttons are yummy! :)

karen said...

lovely!
procrastinator!! lol!

Anonymous said...

I love the old-fashioned look of the buttons with the dp. Wish I could create like that at 3AM! :)

Mary Giles said...

Very pretty and love the soft colors you used. 3am! Go to bed!

Lorie said...

This is such a pretty card, Catherine. Your take on this one looks a bit vintage to me, and I just LOVE it! Beautiful job, sister, and you sure work well under pressure!! :-D

kadie said...

Beautiful, Catherine. I love these soft antiquey colors. Great ribbon tie too, I gotta learn how to tie ribbons.

Cathrine said...

Oh My! This is so pretty Catherine. Great layout - I love the added buttons.

Michelle Pearson said...

I love the buttons too...they fit the feel of the card perfectly!

MiamiKel said...

This is beautiful - the ribbon is what caught my eye - such a nice contrast to that yummy DSP!! Very outstanding coloring on those flowers as well - Kudos!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Nothing overly special? I disagree! This is gorgeous! Soft and oh so pretty! I love it!

Becky G said...

This is so soft and pretty, Catherine! I love the flower image! Everything is perfect!

Hugs~Becky