Thursday, May 28, 2009

Getting Ahead

Alright, go ahead and laugh! The concept of me "getting ahead" or even being on time with anything lately is hilarious to me, too! Secretly, I think Miss Mary had me in mind when she created this swap. *wink* I'm seriously thinking of having "I had a great idea, and the best intentions, but just not the time" tattooed on me. *sigh* And even these cards arrived a couple days late. Oy vey! (And as you can tell, I was running so late and in such a rush that these sad pics were snapped in a hurry. Sorry for the very poor quality.)





I took spots in the 2 categories where I thought that 1. timeliness was most important, and 2. their need was most unpredictable. So my submissions are for Get Well and Sympathy ("With Deepest Sympathy" is stamped on the inside of the green butterfly card). I hope it is a very long time before I need either, but at least now I'll be prepared.

TFL & Hugs & Wishes Long Life and Good Health to all,

11 comments:

Maria said...

The concept of getting ahead is a funny concept to me too! I'm always catching up! When I think I'm finally caught up on life, well something steam rolls down my directon that puts me behind again! Argggh! Such is life, huh?

Love both your cards! Awww poor Bella is sick! I haven't inked up my Bella for such a long time!! Love your second card too. It's very elegant!! I always loved that SU stamp set. It's always been one of my favorites!!

Maria

Mary Giles said...

These pictures do not do these cards justice because they are fabulous Catherine. Well at least I should be ahead getting with all the cards from every category.LOL!

Lorie said...

I love both cards, Catherine! The Bella one really catches my eye! That would certainly make me feel better! I love the DP, too!

MiamiKel said...

I love them both! I am only saddened that I am not in either category with you to call DIBBS! I am so with you on the rushing, the scrambling, the last minute lately .. so not like me but I can't seem to get it together to save my life! Thanks for posting - these are such a treat!!

Savitri said...

There's super cute!!!!
Ok, getting where? Ahead? What's that? :P

Michelle Pearson said...

Thanks for stopping by Catherine! Your cards are so cute...and it's so cool to be ready! I'm usually at least a month late for everything even though I stamp almost daily! DUH! LOL!
Have a great weekend!!!

*Susan* said...

Two lovely cards Cath! You know I'm always lovin' the Bella - poor thing, I think she needs a hot toddy! And the sympathy card is very soothing; wonderful image.
Hey, when you figure out how to get ahead, give me a call!!

Anonymous said...

These are lovely - I adore the sick bed one - made me laugh out loud.

And getting ahead is over rated - can you imagine? A calm life - what would we do?!?

Anonymous said...

Do I ever know what you mean!!! Playing catch-up has been the story of my life these past few months, and it is driving me insane!!! Hopefully, I will eventually get caught up...one day;o)

Both of your cards are wonderful!!! I love poor, sick Bella, and your sympathy card is beautiful. I wish I had the time to play in challenges again. As I said earlier...one day.

I hope all is well with you, my dear!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

ScrapMomOf2 said...

These are both wonderful! I love them!

Lorie said...

I have to tell ya that I was really thrilled when I received one of your get well Bella cards in our swap! I love it, Catherine!!