Saturday, May 2, 2009

Belated #4


If patience is a virtue, I will surely be nominating dear, sweet, witty Susan for sainthood. Her b-day was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in February. I don't know why, but I had the hardest time with her card. It wasn't a lack of ideas but in actually creating the card - I believe this is attempt #3! But finally, here we have it. I had all kinds of plans for this card - another few layers, another pattern paper, more embellies, ribbon, etc. But in the end, the card demanded simplicity (first it asked nicely, but I wasn't listening - LOL!). And as it turns out, it ended up coordinating fairly well with the wrapping paper and ribbon on the accompanying gifts. (What do I know? I just make the cards. I'm not necessarily in charge...) At any rate, I hope the card conveys my wishes for Susan: a year full of happy days and time to stop and smell the flowers.

TFL,

11 comments:

kadie said...

I really love this Bella. The short hair is so cute! Great paper and colors for this card. I love the flower and button combo!

Lauri said...

Such a pretty bella card! I am always late with my cards too! Pretty funny, considering how many I make!!!

Lorie said...

This is so very pretty! I love the bright colors, and the Bella with the big Happy Birthday flower. I'd say you nailed this one, my friend, and she will LOVE it! Beautiful job!!

Anonymous said...

Beautifully done - she is gonna LOVE it!

MiamiKel said...

So pretty and bright - very cheerful!

Anonymous said...

Definitely a card worth waiting for. It just screams happy! I love it :)

Maria said...

Your card is beautiful Catherine! Your friend will love her Bella card. I think simple is beautiful. . .sometimes the image and dp speaks for themselves and a card don't always need all the bells and whistles to make it pretty. I love the colors that you used and your lovely coloring. When it comes to giving cards, it's better late than never!!

Hope you have a great day!

Maria

Michelle Pearson said...

way cute Catherine! Don't you just love it when even your cards are telling you what to do?! LOL! ;)

Mary Giles said...

I love this card and the colors you used. Many times simplicity is the best thing.

ScrapMomOf2 said...

This is BEAUTIFUL! I love the colors, and the patterned paper is fantastic!

*Susan* said...

{hanging my head in shame} I'm finally here to give Catherine some much-deserved props on this card! I LOVE IT! And I'm glad you didn't change a thing! The DP is so yummy and your coloring is wonderful! LOVE the flower & button center. I'm all about Flower Power! Thanks so much for thinking of me, sending the fab goodies, and creating this groovy card for me. Luv ya sistah!!
{hugs} Susan :-)