Wednesday, February 18, 2009

For The Love of Dogs

You may notice a new badge on my sidebar. Please join me in helping Bernie Berlin and A Place To Bark. Bernie is a mixed media artist who runs a no-kill shelter in Tennessee. She takes in abandoned, abused, and sick dogs and cats, cares for and rehabilitates them, and finds them forever homes.
I know times are tough, with some people struggling to keep their homes and put food on the table. But please take a moment to think about how many people can't afford to feed their pets, take them to the vet, etc. When people experience economic trouble, innocent animals suffer too.
If not Bernie and A Place To Bark, please consider donating to a local shelter - whether it be a donation of your time, your voice, your unneeded pet items, or your money. Every little bit helps. We might not be able to undo the senseless and unimaginable cruelty that these animals have suffered, but we can make today and every day after better for them and dogs like them.
Please visit A Place To Bark to learn more - some of the pictures will make you laugh out loud, and others will make you cry.

2 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Aw, so sad and sweet -- couldn't watch the video (sniff, not ready for that yet, sniff sniff) but I will get a donation out to her. You are right - each bit counts! Thanks for sharing the word :)

Lorie said...

As a fellow animal lover, I am so happy to see this post. I have 3 dogs, and 3 cats of my own, and out of the 6, 5 were adopted from shelters, or rescued from being put down. I love that you are so caring about this cause, and I will do whatever I can to continue to help our furry friends. Bless you sweet Catherine for being such a loving and caring person!