Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Fall Card Swap



I found the best group of girls on SCS, and this is the first card swap with them. There are 4-5 of them before we start our monthly Sisterhood of the Traveling Cards swaps in January!
This swap is hosted by Kadie, and the theme was Fall. I decided to do Thanksgiving, just because it is one of my faves, and because I think it gets overlooked betweeen Halloween and Christmas. For me, Thanksgiving is all about family, food, and everything wonderful about autumn - my favorite season. Fall is a time to reflect and appreciate - I soak in every sunny day, marvel at the beauty of the changing leaves, and take time to breath in the cool, pure air of autumn. And Thanksgiving is a time to just be. No costumes to wear, no presents to buy, just a long weekend to spend time with family and friends and take stock in all that I've been blessed with.
So that's the inspiration behind this card. I hope my swap buddies like it! I'm truly grateful for them and for all of you that I've had the pleasure to meet in blog land.

PS: I know fibers are, to some, passé, but I still love them. The ones I used here just spoke to me! And I think the affect is pretty effective - when I showed the card to my mom, she immediately went to smell it - she just expected the card to smell like cinnamon! Isn't that cute?!? I think it was the shimmery fibers!

13 comments:

AnnMarie said...

Beautiful card, Catherine!! I am sure your swappers are going to love it!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

I love the fibers, and they're perfect on this! Everyone is going to LOVE this card! The image is great and so is that plaid paper! Love it!

Lori said...

Pretty card and lovely sentiment inside, too.

Maria said...

Such a wonderful card, Catherine! I love the simple elegance of the card. . .it's a fabulous fall card!

Maria

Cathrine StClair said...

Its a very pretty card and I think the fibers are perfect!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Gorgeous card. I love the warm colours and that stamp is great. Makes me wanna stamp a fall card (before it's winter already!) ;o)

Crystal Ware said...

Fabulous card! I bet your swappin gals were so happy to receive that in the mail!

Bonnie said...

I love your beautiful autumn card!! I'm afraid that I never stamp inside my cards any more - lazy me!

Crissy said...

Perfect fall card!

Michelle Pearson said...

very pretty...love the warm cozy colors and those pumpkins are great images. Perfect fall card!

kathleenh said...

Beautiful Thanksgiving card! I love the built in shading in the image.

MiamiKel said...

Beautiful! It's a perfect Thanksgiving card ~ the colors are spot on and so lovely!

kadie said...

I loved this card (and still do) so much and am sooooo glad that you found our lil group of sistah's on SCS. We adore you!